• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I am one one of the few that...

I am the only person I know that uses the Vibram Ridge as my driving putter. Great disc for upshots and shorter holes. Also great for single disc rounds. I can drive it full power around 325 - 350 feet and it won't turn and burn.

I use a Whammo 71 Mold for just about anything under 200' that doesn't have to have hard fade or a really low ceiling. It needs a little height, but that thing is a dead straight, running for chains machine for me with anything under 200-220' or so. Love that disc. Zero skip and slide as well as it just hits the ground and sticks to it, regardless of the pitch...

I am one of the few who... can't decide on a bag set-up/putter/go-to driver... oh wait that's 85% of us! :doh:

I'm starting this thread to discuss and comment on one or a few techniques while golfing that might seem odd or peculiar to others. You know, something out of the ordinary. So I'll start. I am THE ONLY person I know that putts exclusively with XD's. They are the only putters in my bag. I putt with a DX XD, I have a champ x-out for upshots, and an R-Pro XD when I need some turn. Any other XD fans out there? Next?!?

Yes. I use a R-Pro XD for short turnover holes/shots. Its so money

I'm the only one I know that has a Dart with the nipple still intact. I am the envy of the neighborhood.

I am the only person I have met that flicks putters with three fingers under the flight plate. Everyone tells me it's weird or wrong, but that's what works for me.

I use an old mold beast as my primary driver, tank and 86 softies as my primary putters, and occasionally freak people out with the 500'+ Epic shots, and to this day am the only person I know who has an ace on an Epic!

A few years after it was released in Z plastic (and that's when I put it in my bag) I'm still one of the very, very few people in my area who throws a comet for most of my midrange shots. The vast majority of players here only throw buzzzes. A lot of these people also couldn't throw a comet straight if they tried...not saying they go hand in had though. A lot of very good players here primarily use a buzzz.

Last edited:
I am one one of the few that actually likes Discraft's Pro-D baseline plastic.

I'm one of the few that throws forehand shots with only 1 finger under the disc.

I'm also one of the few that throws an aerobie arrow. I actually hate the disc for everything except one kind of shot; short forehand upshots (150' or less). But for that shot...man does it work well for me.

I am the only person I know that putts with an original 86 Softie.

Out of the 16 or so older dudes (40's and up) that frequent our local mini's, probably close to or just over half of them use 86 softies on every putt. Those are some accurate, spin putting dudes, too.

You can almost just go ahead and mark their score on the card if you see that they have any reasonable putt within 45' or so. It's cool to watch..