• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

I was They again today.......... planted 9 shiny Discatchers.

10157330_745495238808668_7734418272559019366_n.jpg

And.....
Greg
Tim
Kenji
Joe
Peter
Gene
Nate
Steve
Travis
Aaron
Erik
Marianne
Sancho
Zach
were They also.

i was they today also, we are building a new course, and this is what we got done today

First we got a trail made - from #8 green to #9 Tee

next, we got #9 - Tee, RH side of the fairway, and green all cleared.
That means #9 is now playable !!!!

last but not least, we got #1 Tee cleared to the Fairway
#1 is now playable !!!!

then we had a walking tour of the course, to install some of the old Tee signs near where we can play from, for now anyway.

Here is me, mrenzweiler, vizi25 and coop1 restacking some of the creek walls at Idlewild after they fell during this hard winter. This is from hole 3 but we worked on hoe 2 also

We are "they" - A bunch of rec players who have worked on Idlewild and adopted Holes A, 18 and short E. Most people in the Nati don't even know who we are

Attachments

• hole 3.jpg
    hole 3.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 88
  • hole 3 1.jpg
    hole 3 1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Here is me, mrenzweiler, vizi25 and coop1 restacking some of the creek walls at Idlewild after they fell during this hard winter. This is from hole 3 but we worked on hoe 2 also

We are "they" - A bunch of rec players who have worked on Idlewild and adopted Holes A, 18 and short E. Most people in the Nati don't even know who we are

:clap: Well done. How was the course yesterday? Still quite soggy I presume.

Not sure how the course was. Didn't play; only worked on Hole 2 and 3. Did see about 6 golfers who just watched us as we worked. No thanks or help

nothing too crazy but there was a soco bottle laying on hole 1 at st peter riverside that i was sick of seeing. it was there since last fall. plus countless beer cans/bottles and general litter.

Gnqv7xE.jpg

this is from holes 1-8. cant believe there was that much trash. going out sometime later this week to take care the rest of the course. it looks a helluva better. there is literally no upkeep there. i decided to take initiative and make the course a little more enjoyable to play at. plus it looks bad to the walkers that walk the trails within the complex that probably think DGers are a bunch of beer drinkin **** heads.

next step is trying to get some people together to get concrete teepads in there or at least rubber matts, and proper signage. have a few people on board already.

also thanks to everyone who does a thankless job of keeping the courses nice and a ton of behind the scene maintenance that everyone appreciates.

Star thistle... gone

attachment.php

Attachments

• RiverbendSouth-Hole13_BeforeAfter.jpg
    RiverbendSouth-Hole13_BeforeAfter.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 311
FYI - this is the best thread on the site

THEY are awesome :)

Nice work.

About a month ago, I kinda went off on a younger guy, that was on my card for weekly doubles.
(I didn't mean to, it just hit me wrong, and I was off)
He wanted to know why "they skipped the hole we were on when installing the new benches? "
I not so nicely explained to him, that I skipped that one because there is only so much time in a day, I have to work on the course.
And how about he show up for a F-ing work party get it done himself, if what everyone else is doing isn't good enough for him!!!

I have been working on a new course this year. The course is 50 minutes away from my office and I drive out there and work 1-2 days/week. I pay for my own gas, my chainsaws and weekeaters. I now have other volunteers joining me out there. It's on the property of a new brewery. None of us drink beer. We do it for the love of the game and the feeling of accomplishment. Saturday I took the day off from working at this course and went to a local course and spent 4 hours working there. I never threw a disc. I really enjoy the time I spend doing this stuff.

Latest posts