• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

True. Best I can do is report to parks and rec and have them come out hopefully tomorrow and post on facebook to "beeware". I've been to Schumaker thousands of times without harm. It really was a shock. I've lived in the woods my entire life. Snakes, poison ivy, few stings and bites, ticks. I've never been in the middle of a yellow jacket nest before and I pray never to be again.

Thanks for the kind words, he is ok. Spoonful of benadryl, some salve, bunch of chocolate cookies and thank god for a non allergic reaction.

They truly are from hell and I enjoy sending them back there.

So today was... Mostly bad. My sons and I went out to Schumaker pond today to work on clearing lines and putting circles. We got about two patches of briars cut and raked out. Bunch of smaller limbs.

So it was our last bit of work to finish for the day. Hole 14 lines and around red basket. I cleaned branches and just made it slot cleaner. Also raised up a holly tree branches a bunch that's 80 ft away from basket. Makes the hole a lot easier and cleaner. So I decided because I made it easier To make the shot I would also clean up around the basket and make possible to go long. So I start cutting a holly that's in back of the basket. I cut all the branches and start dragging them back into the woods.

All of a sudden my 4 year old starts screaming bloody murder. "daaaaaaadddddy it hurts it hurts help me". We had gotten into a swarm of yellow jackets from HELL. Without any thought I grap him by the throat and run towards my not quite one year old. His running stroller is locked. I drag him and the cart, switch my grip on my eldest son into a headlock and run like a crazy person. I had to strip my oldest naked and stomp in his cloths. He got about 50 stings. I have five. My youngest got none. Prolly because I dragged him upside down without realizing it getting away from the bees.

So sucky day. But makes me convinced no basket will have a a circle less then 30 ft for safety. If your off the fairway you already know to look for snakes, bees, poison, etc. thirty ft from the basket? Shouldn't be possible.

Man that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.... one of my nightmares that I thankfully haven't had to be a victim of so far.

My THEY story is similar to yours interestingly, just thankfully without stings. There's a hill going from basket 7 to tee 8 on my home course, and last time I played my wife said she was getting chased by yellowjackets as she climbed. Well I was careful to look today during my round, and after carefully ascending, I finally saw an area where there were like 8-10 yellowjackoffs at any given time going up or down out of the grass. Sooooo I went and grabbed some spraypaint and a large plywood board and made a "WARNING GROUND WASPS - KEEP RIGHT" sign. I want to eradicate them but there's no way of me getting close enough to see where the hole is in this area where they are going in or out. So the best I can do is warn people. Wasps suck.

Was THEY once again............ Tee 8 at Stonykill

241923_g.jpg

*SIGH* had to take down the seasonal ski hill course today for the season.... sad day but at least I can say I am THEY

(reattempt to add a photo) We are putting in pavers on all the tee boxes. Have 7 of 18 done so far.

Spent a couple hours a day the last few days clearing fairways and making brush piles, waiting to be burned on a new local course! No details exposed yet, it's not my course, but I'm really excited for it!

I have been taking advantage of the lack of snow and working to add 2 holes to my local course (Calumet Lake Disc Golf). I plan to install the baskets next June or so. This will bring the course up to 20 holes.

Have been working at Meyer Broadway at least once a week, sometimes two or three times a week, for a couple months. Best time of year to clear brush and unwanted trees/branches.

Latest posts