• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Can't Feel My Fingerrrrrrrrs!

Yeah Grunge, that was what it looked like, although the one he had appeared to be hand made.

That, sir, is quite an endorsement. So, I googled them - those things are like $80 a pair!

Are they really that good?

No BS, your hands will never be the least bit cold ever again. Completely waterproof. You can reach into lakes and come out dry and warm.

Actually, my only real complaint is that sometimes they're almost too warm.

Real deal.

I'll echo what people are saying about choppers. Gloves are less effective, because your fingers are insulated from each other instead of touching each other. They are easy to take on and off, and a good pair will last for decades if they're not stolen by jealous folks with cold hands!

18 degrees in St. Paul today.

Wasn't ideal but I made it through 9 holes using regular gloves and just taking the one off my throwing hand for a couple tosses at a time. When the snow falls the discs will be colder but right now it's possible without any special gear. Good thing it only takes me 15-20 minutes to cruise through Highland when I'm by myself though - not sure I would have made it through something like Acorn today.

I saw a guy wearing one of those tube things on a belt around his waist.
He took out his hands and turned it around to his back to throw.
After throwing, he pulled it back around and stuck his hands back in.
I have no idea what it is called, but I thought it was genius.

They are called mufflers.

I've tried fingerless gloves and don't like them. Several years ago, my dad gave me a pair of cheap Russian mittens. (They're big, bulky and very warm.) I stick one in my golf bag and keep my throwing hand in it when walking between shots. It's so big that I can stick my hand in it without using my other hand to put it on. (Easy on, easy off.)

My buddy puts one of those Hot Hands under his shirt on his chest. He says it keeps him nice and cozy.

I think he has the right idea. As a Texan I am far from an authority on keeping warm but I have found that if I keep my core warm my hands and feet will warm themselves. If my core is losing too much heat, no amount of warmth on my hands will warm them.

I wear a glove on my non - throwing hand, and keep a hand warmer in my jacket pocket for my throwing hand. After my throw, I usually hold the hand warner inside my pocket, and it keeps it loose & warm. Longer games with a group, I'll sometimes take two warmers and have em both in the pocket. Nice and toasty!

I've been using cold water dive gloves this season; bit of a pain to take off, but I only take one off for full power drives, and that's really more of a mental thing for me than an issue of grip. The brand/style I use (a really old pair of DeepSee 5mm zip-ups) have a great rubber palm tread pattern that actually gets better grip the wetter your discs get.

Durability isn't the greatest, and at $20 and up a pair they're not the most economical option, but they're the only thing I've found so far that you can actually keep on while playing.