• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I had a chance to talk about DG today

mambrose

Double Eagle Member
in public speeking class we had to talk about something that we enjoy doing, i brought a disc in and talked about disc golf, told people where some courses were and stuff, maby some 1 from my class will start playing :eek:

I have done 4 or 5 speeches on the topic. Being a Comm. major I have to do a lot of speaking. My teacher has had me for a few classes and now talks about me to other teachers as the disc golf guy. Other students in my class have to evaluate my speeches and I get a lot of "I have never heard of this before" comments.

The new re-design of Burke Crenshaw park in pasadena TX is now closer to the rest of the park goers so unlike before where youd never really come in contact with any non-dgers its much more a part of the park. So even though now you have to wait for joggers to go by to throw more which might be negative for some, ive had alot of people ask about dg and showed a few of them about discs and they watch me throw.

Hopefully now more of the slow pokes ,who dont really jog anyway, will come and play dg instaed of getting in the way. Its kinda throwing me off having people so close, knowing theyre watching me but it seems like they enjoy it and i see alot of them smiling so its worth it i guess.

Ebay , i got lucky i dont think they were on there that long as i check the dg section alot. 12 bucks for 2 pairs shipped. I couldnt find out where to get them though . The brand is swiftwick, if i find another pair on ebay and i "dont" but them ill let you know.