• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I had to ask to look through a golfer's bag for my disc.

pineappletrees

Eagle Member
And it was in there.

3 of us were playing our 16th hole on our second round of the day before the sun went down when 2 casuals and a 4 year old kid catch up and ask to throw with us. We all throw and my buddies goes in the water while mine ends up in the fairway. We try to get his disc out of the lake for about 5 minutes while the other group looks for his disc after his second shot. We call the disc lost and I go back to address my lie. It's nowhere to be found... I asked them if they saw it and they were pretty sure about not seeing the disc anywhere. 5 minutes go by and I'm getting pretty upset since it was a minty FR Destroyer and my 2 friends have helped me look over the entire area where it was. I walk over to ask the guy AGAIN if he might have picked it up on accident and he denies it again... I decide to ask his buddy to ask his friend to open his bag and I was told they are "420 committed" so they don't steal but he said he'd ask his friend anyway. Dude throws his bag down and unzips it an says "See? Nothing in there dude!" He is way sketchy so I just go about looking through his bag and low and behold my tan FR Destroyer is in there. He starts saying a whole bunch of **** about he can't remember picking it up and it was an accident. I decide to be passive and just walk away but he has the nerve to ask me if he can look through my Grip bag for his green disc he lost on the whole. Nothing.I tell him that's a pretty bad example to set for his kid and my buddies and I just decide to leave because all the fun was gone pretty fast. Really sucks to know that no matter how many good people you meet golfing, there will always be enough douchebags to make up for it.

I can't believe you were able to be passive after that! If someone did that to me I would be LIVID! It is people like that that give disc golf a bad name.

you should of gave him a good kick in the cullions, that way his kid would of learned a very important lesson, if you take someone elses disc you get kicked in the cullions...

Gosh, this sort of reminds me of last week I went out to a course I had not been to and I met some guy at the first hole who asked if I wanted to play a round so he could show me around the course, I said yes. We go and play a few holes and I ended up having a bad throw with my brand new Pro Roc and it went into the brush. He helped me look for about 30 minutes before we decided that it was lost.

We continued playing and when we got done we were walking back to the car when in the middle of the parking lot was a Pro Roc, same color, same everything as mine. I went and picked it up and turned it around and you could easily see that my name had been scratched off and his was written in. He then looks at it, snatches it out of my hand, and says "Oh you found the disc I had lost a few days ago, thanks!"

He walked away and I went home Roc-less. I was livid though but did not want to say anything.

Bravo for your response to the situation. Jcrab, you really think that kind violence would be good for the 4 year old to see? What kind of image do you think he would have of disc golf after that?

I would of busted him in the face.... with the disc... and then ask him if he could remember it now.... but I'm quick to anger with anybody who forgets how to not act like a DB

Bravo for your response to the situation. Jcrab, you really think that kind violence would be good for the 4 year old to see? What kind of image do you think he would have of disc golf after that?

That 4 year old would know that stealing is bad.... even if you "forgot" that you did it

I got my disc back and I made him look like a damn fool in front of his kid. There was nothing else I really needed to do. His friend kept wanting to apologize but I didn't stay to chat.

I won the #11 KCFDC tag and the #1 Dynamic Discs tag which made the situation slightly better.

Really sucks to know that no matter how many good people you meet golfing, there will always be enough douchebags to make up for it.
I feel your frustration, but that's not just disc golf, that's people, and quite frankly, some of us suck. There are folks who will dent your car in a parking lot, and just drive away with nary a note or anything. IMO, that's a lot scumbaggier than not returning a disc

Gosh, this sort of reminds me of last week I went out to a course I had not been to and I met some guy at the first hole who asked if I wanted to play a round so he could show me around the course, I said yes. We go and play a few holes and I ended up having a bad throw with my brand new Pro Roc and it went into the brush. He helped me look for about 30 minutes before we decided that it was lost.

We continued playing and when we got done we were walking back to the car when in the middle of the parking lot was a Pro Roc, same color, same everything as mine. I went and picked it up and turned it around and you could easily see that my name had been scratched off and his was written in. He then looks at it, snatches it out of my hand, and says "Oh you found the disc I had lost a few days ago, thanks!"

He walked away and I went home Roc-less. I was livid though but did not want to say anything.

Dude, just say no that's my disc...

We are not a very bright species. Just be FU€KING NICE to each other. We all know right from wrong. It's not that tough. :|

Lesson of the day ... do not play with people you do not know if they are super-casuals ... they are "frolfers" ... NOT disc golfers ... play with your/our own kind and you will be much happier. Second lesson: watch your discs during practice throws or during the round ... you never know what might happen.