• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Hit Someone Today!

mambrose

Double Eagle Member
i was teeing off and i let go late, it hit someone teeing off on the next hole, i yelled FORE!! WATCH OUT!!! and he dident even move *bam* it hit him in either the face or the shoulder. i was going to go say sorry, until he picked my disc up and threw it...what would you guys have done?

ohh and i was honestly sorry....until he threw my disc....

Oh man that sucks. I've hit cars but luckily i've never hit anyone. I can understand how he'd be a little pissed but i don't think he should have throw your disc. You tried to warm him.

Well that sucks. You feel bad because you hit the guy and you feel bad that you are mad at him for chucking your disc. I think that I would chalk that one up as a loss and just apologize to the guy. People aren't really rational after getting hit in the head.

Well that sucks. You feel bad because you hit the guy and you feel bad that you are mad at him for chucking your disc. I think that I would chalk that one up as a loss and just apologize to the guy. People aren't really rational after getting hit in the head.

well him and like 6 of his buddies were just messing around anyways, they wernt actuly trying....it was kind of innoying.

As a guy was walking from the basket I teed off, it hit the ground skipped past the basket and hit him in the ass!
Mybad I guess, but he had left the basket.

Maybe you should let him get a little farther away if you know you have that kind of range.

lol, if they would have let us play throught....we had 3 people, and we were gettn off the corurse as soon as we could so we didnet hold anyone up, they had 6-8 people, and were taking there time, and not lettn anyone play through...i did w8 until they were teeing off before i threw, and i still hit them, i dident mean for it to happen but, they cant really blame me if i make 1 mistake.

easy to rationalize until its you being hit with the disc
i'd be pissed... but i also duck and cover when i hear FORE!

oh, i have been hit, split my head open, no warning ,no fore....
it hurt like the dickens, but i still wouldn't throw the disc, sh*t happens

if i'm at the basket (not a blind one) and get hit cause of impatience, i'll take the disc... if its an accident... so be it, let it go

welcome to the dangerous world of disc golf!
soon we'll have helmets and chest protectors...

yea, i was kinda nervous because i thought that guy was gonna throw it in the river....if he would of i dono what i would of done, it wouldnet have been good for him though...prolly would involve him losing his whole bag though...

People need to understand that others play on the courses also and there is always a risk of being hit with a disk.

I've been hit and have hit others, but I know that risk comes with the game.

I've never hit anyone, but maybe thats because I'm over careful. I always wait until people are completly done, even if i know they are well out of my range. I would just expect the same in return.

I've never hit anyone, but maybe thats because I'm over careful. I always wait until people are completly done, even if i know they are well out of my range. I would just expect the same in return.

i uasually do, but they were on the next tee and ut was a group of 8, i couldent w8 all day

he was on the tee you yelled fore, you did nothing wrong and didnt owe him an apology, but that is cool you were going to that was the right way to go.

Sounds like this dude was crybaby , having been hit twice from a tee shot 250ft out myself , it dosnt hurt at all. And what The REV said is right on.

i usually do, but they were on the next tee and ut was a group of 8, i couldn't w8 all day

From what you just posted, and by the way you type, I can assume you are a young guy. You need to just be a little patient, and be cool on the course. If you have to wait a couple of minutes, so be it. You really could have hurt this guy, then how would you have felt?

Just go out there to have fun. Just like in the world, you are going to encounter jackasses, and that is just how it goes. Just let these jerks get off the course, but don't stoop to their level. Be the bigger man.

if he was hurt i would have felt bad, and i was being as patient as i could, the first guy had jsut tee'ed off when i got 2 the tee, i had 2 watch 7 of them tee off, and watch em goof off for 10+ mins, 1 of them stood behidn the basket after that 2 let his dog go 2 the bathroom, then he walks to the tee, so i throw, and accidently hit him. they didnet even know anyone else was on the course i dont think.

if he was hurt i would have felt bad, and i was being as patient as i could, the first guy had just tee'ed off when i got 2 the tee, i had 2 watch 7 of them tee off, and watch em goof off for 10+ mins, 1 of them stood behind the basket after that 2 let his dog go 2 the bathroom, then he walks to the tee, so i throw, and accidentally hit him. they didn't even know anyone else was on the course i don't think.

Yea, if they could see the tee pad and you there, they should have been more aware of their surroundings. I guess what you did was an accident.

if he was hurt i would have felt bad, and i was being as patient as i could, the first guy had jsut tee'ed off when i got 2 the tee, i had 2 watch 7 of them tee off, and watch em goof off for 10+ mins, 1 of them stood behidn the basket after that 2 let his dog go 2 the bathroom, then he walks to the tee, so i throw, and accidently hit him. they didnet even know anyone else was on the course i dont think.
They all sound like douche bags , you dont start teeing until your group is finished putting, and if they had they would have noticed you back there. What i hate about these d.b.s is to get around them you have to skip 2 holes alot of times since they are shooting on two holes at the same time.:mad:

Latest posts