• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Hit Someone Today!

after all this reading, i'm reminded how upset i am when people let their dogs poop in the fairway...
i have 2 dogs, grew up with dogs so thats not the issue

its just rude to everybody who plays weeks after
i thought there was a law about it...

after all this reading, i'm reminded how upset i am when people let their dogs poop in the fairway...
i have 2 dogs, grew up with dogs so thats not the issue

its just rude to everybody who plays weeks after
i thought there was a law about it...

yea that bugs me aswell.

I will never understand people that pick up after their dogs. Not just on the course, but everywhere. When I come outside my house to find a big ol' pile of dookie in my front yard that I know did not come from my 2 little dogs, it really pisses me off.

I will never understand people that pick up after their dogs. Not just on the course, but everywhere. When I come outside my house to find a big ol' pile of dookie in my front yard that I know did not come from my 2 little dogs, it really pisses me off.

I just got back walking my dog in the apartment complex and I carry old wal-mart bags to pick up the poop.

I think you did what was expected of you. It wasn't like they were still playing the hole you were teeing off on, they were done. You had every right to tee off. You yelled to make them aware that a disc was coming their way. He was pissed & throwing your disc was just his first instinct. I guess though it would have been right for you to still tell the guy you were sorry. Why not be the bigger man.
One time we were still playing a hole & a disc missed me by inches. I got pissed that they didn't look to see if anyone was still on or near the fairway before they threw. I picked up that disc & threw it right back towards the teepad. Just about that time, another disc came our way so we threw that one as well. They spent some time looking for their discs. We take the time to scan the fairway & rough(whatever we can see) before throw everytime.
We will thow before someone is finished if we notice that they are thowing more then one disc at a time. It's rude of them to do that when there is someone waiting to throw! However, when we do thow, we know they are far enough away that we won't hit them.

I would like to say to everyone one if you don't know it already. If you hear someone yell "FORE!", don't look around! Cover your head and face with your arms and duck. Wait at least 5-8 seconds , or till you hear something hit the ground, then its safe to look around. This will keep you from getting hit in the head for face. Also, educate your friends.

I guess it must be that us Caucasians have some sort of natural curiosity. We want to look around when there is danger. If you ever grew up in a minority neighborhood, ( like I did) when you hear gun shots, you get down! You don't look out the window going "Hey, what the hell is going on out there?" That will get you killed. I guess I learned how to be safe from the Brothers.

My gf got hit today right on her throwing hand, and we were both a little angry about it since nobody bothered to yell fore or any kind of warning. To the original poster: I still think throwing your disc was pretty far out of line though, especially when you did what you could to warn them, and were going to apologize anyway. If I hear fore and just don't get out of the way in time, I'm not going to be upset, but when you can clearly see two people and a dog waiting at the next tee, and your shot is headed straight for them and you still can't bother to yell anything, then you and your friend laugh about how "that's why chicks shouldn't be on the course", I get a little pissed.

/end rant and threadjack

My gf got hit today right on her throwing hand, and we were both a little angry about it since nobody bothered to yell fore or any kind of warning. To the original poster: I still think throwing your disc was pretty far out of line though, especially when you did what you could to warn them, and were going to apologize anyway. If I hear fore and just don't get out of the way in time, I'm not going to be upset, but when you can clearly see two people and a dog waiting at the next tee, and your shot is headed straight for them and you still can't bother to yell anything, then you and your friend laugh about how "that's why chicks shouldn't be on the course", I get a little pissed.

/end rant and thread jack

That is pretty crappy. Sounds like your girlfriend is hot, and they were just jealous they she was with you and not them. People tend to put down what they know they cant have.

I bet they were just some young stupid punks. Sounds like it from what you described.

That is pretty crappy. Sounds like your girlfriend is hot, and they were just jealous they she was with you and not them. People tend to put down what they know they cant have.

I bet they were just some young stupid punks. Sounds like it from what you described.

two 18 year old kids (me and "valkrye" my twin bro) people see teenagers and assume were punks to, thats prolly why he threw my discs, even though since i was 3 months old ive been going 2 the coruse and respect people and the sport more than some of the older people.

when people see you down there and know your throwing, but turn their backs they are pre-judging you and think you cant throw. That when its time to send a chili pepper down there, as long they are off your hole and you got some eye contact or yell fore.

When i yell fore first and they look at me then turn around its coming in hot and overstable.

Last edited:
i was teeing off and i let go late, it hit someone teeing off on the next hole, i yelled FORE!! WATCH OUT!!! and he dident even move *bam* it hit him in either the face or the shoulder. i was going to go say sorry, until he picked my disc up and threw it...what would you guys have done?

ohh and i was honestly sorry....until he threw my disc....

If you yelled and did everything possible dude had no reason to be pissed. Maybe he was upset with you because he knows your better than that!!:)

People need to learn when you hear that, you duck and cover. Not look around.
Also they need to learn that if someone yells fore before they throw that means they can hit you from there. And im not going to worn them twice if they look at me then decide i suck so they dont need to watch me.

Some of these things are just courtesy and respect, if you wave someone on keep eye contact so they know your paying attention and they can throw for real and not have to pussyfoot it. Plus i think its also respectfull to watch everyone in your group throw and putt.

Were there a lot of guys? It has to be tough when someone is disrespecting your lady. Unless there were 10 guys I would have given them a piece of my mind if that happened to my wife. Unless you were going to break up with your gf anyway. lol just kidding

/end rant and threadjack

Were there a lot of guys? It has to be tough when someone is disrespecting your lady. Unless there were 10 guys I would have given them a piece of my mind if that happened to my wife. Unless you were going to break up with your gf anyway. lol just kidding

It was a group of 6 guys, but I still yelled at the guy who hit her about yelling fore and having just a tiny bit of common sense and common decency, and glared at the rest of his friends who thought it was hilarious she got hit (they shut up real fast). There were only a few holes left, and nobody behind the group, so we slow played the rest of the course and made them sit and wait at every tee.

that sucks you hit them and mashnut I would have done the same thing!! i probably would have flipped out though becuase I have a bit of a temper..and im protective of my girl...so if they were LAUGHING after they hit her...yeah..hell would have been brought upon them all lol...I don't care if they were bigger then me...the knee only bends one way lol....anyways...im gonna go start a new thread about dogs pooping in the fairways :p

Am I the only one gets pissed when a group consists of more than 4? 5 may be OK if they move quick and don't dawdle. But 8 or 10 is f'ing ridiculous.

Am I the only one gets pissed when a group consists of more than 4? 5 may be OK if they move quick and don't dawdle. But 8 or 10 is f'ing ridiculous.

Just ask to play through. I mean its not like you are playing in a tournament when this happens. I would agree that 8-10 seems like a lot but people are out there to have a good time and hangout with their friends. I can't say I have ever played with that many but it could happen.