• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I hope this isn't the same guy....

Fritz

* Ace Member *
That runs the Philly Open...and is the Marketing Director for the PDGA...cause that's some bullshit!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html

The John Duesler with the PDGA usually uses the name Dr. John Duesler (Jr). I wonder if the reason is because there's another one in the same region, possibly his Dad or relative?

well the website for that place seems to be offline aside from a single statement... odd how that happens :D

but from doing some super reliable Google searches and reading some unreliable comments about the topic, it appears it is the same person.

Same guy. CNN just put the story on. What a douche bag.
Also this info below was taken from the clubs website.

I welcome any questions or invite you to take a look at the club at any time. Call me to discuss joining our club. I look forward to hearing from you!

Dr. John G. Duesler, Jr.
President, The Valley Swim Club
(xxx)xxx-xxxx or E-mail Me!

it really is amazing that people say those things to the media still

Our Valley Club deplores discrimination in any form, as is evidenced by our multi-ethnic and diverse membership. Whatever comments may or may not have been made by an individual member is an opinion not shared by The Valley Club Board.
looks like he is going to get thrown under the bus after that comment but that is what you get
http://www.thevalleyclub.com/

Yeah I had to double check the name when I read it the other day, almost posted it up here. I remember seeing him announcing in an issue of disc golf monthly I think it was. I just hope this doesn't (for lack of a better phrase)leak all over the PDGA.

Duesler is such a sweet golf name too.

When I lived back in Texarkana Ar/Tx (border town), I lived in the apartment below a black guy. We got to talking one day and we end up discussing racism (oddly enough). Since he was originally from the north, I asked him if people from the south were more racist than people in the north. He found, in his experience, that there was more racism in the north than there was in the south. I found it interesting that he would say that. After reading a story like this, I could see why.

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion ... and the atmosphere of the club."

That would only happen if everybody got in the pool and peed.

I think polarizing North v South doesn't really work anymore, it's broken down into cellular areas more based on social factors etc. I grew up in NJ and have family in GA and I find it to be worse in most of GA that where we lived. Here in Colorado you hardly see it, except in the smaller towns and rural areas. And it's usually more directed at hispanics.

practically invincible said:
I think polarizing North v South doesn't really work anymore, it's broken down into cellular areas more based on social factors etc. I grew up in NJ and have family in GA and I find it to be worse in most of GA that where we lived. Here in Colorado you hardly see it, except in the smaller towns and rural areas. And it's usually more directed at hispanics.

I find the "social factors" issue to be more true than the north and south issue. Generally, the south is stereotyped as being more racist due to our history.

not yet

i can bet most of the people reading it won't know or care what the PDGA is. can't wait for Jesse Jackson to comment on this and link it the pdga. I don't want to sound racist, but that guy goes overboard with a lot of his comments. I usually stop following something like this when he gets involved because he spews a lot of crap. again not to be racist, but I just don't like him as a PERSON.

zj1002 said:
not yet

i can bet most of the people reading it won't know or care what the PDGA is. can't wait for Jesse Jackson to comment on this and link it the pdga. I don't want to sound racist, but that guy goes overboard with a lot of his comments. I usually stop following something like this when he gets involved because he spews a lot of crap. again not to be racist, but I just don't like him as a PERSON.

You really think Jackson will somehow link this to the PDGA?

no i was kidding about the fact that he would do something like that. he would do anything to further his agenda

Egad. Dr. D. made about the worst choice of words in his efforts to disavow any racism at his club. What was he thinking? WAS he thinking? Fortunately I haven't seen any references to the PDGA in any of the articles on this mess. Perhaps he's holed up at a Microtel now that he's secured an awesome 10% discount. Looks like the swim club has got themselves a bit of a media relations problem. If he could only get the PDGA some front page headlines, he might be worth a few pennies.

Sounds like the real shitstorm is still to come. A statement like that communicates such a lack of awareness of what is acceptable in society today that he may as well have dropped the N bomb. IMHO, he should resign from his PDGA position so that we do not get dragged into this.

We may have a black president, but there are still a lot of dark corners in this country and its not limited to the north or the south. A buddy of mine has a pretty tight conspiracy theory regarding the state of Florida and their fairly transparent intentions of spending money to put minorities (particularly african americans) in prison rather than on good public education to give kids a shot. His family was active in the KKK when he grew up, and he said that judges and many members of local government used to meet and actively plan discriminatory policy thinly disguised in many different ways. He has no doubt that such things still occur today in many places. I imagine most of the places that still do discriminate choose their words more carefully than our Mr. Duesler did.

True that. My jaw dropped when I read that article.
It just amazes me and saddens me to see that we as a country still have this issue that comes around.
What's worse is he is a peace activist, did a fundraiser for Obama, organized MLK Jr. Peace walks etc..total hypocrite.

This is far from over and it's only going to get worse as the news spreads from coast to coast.

I know I'd not play his tournament cause of this.

I've read in history the north was more racist, they just did it covertly and not as open. Back in the day you wanted to head west to get away from the racism.