• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Know It's Bad, but How Bad is it?

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
I've lost probably 50'-75' of distance over the winter and I've just now started to find some of it while experimenting a bit with my form. I've gone to a primarily standstill approach as I'm making sure I don't aggravate a hip issue I've been dealing with off and on for the last few months.

The disc I throw in the vid is a K1 Stig and it likely would've gone 320' if it hadn't caught a branch near the basket (which it was on a line to ace fwiw).

I've lost probably 50'-75' of distance over the winter and I've just now started to find some of it while experimenting a bit with my form. I've gone to a primarily standstill approach as I'm making sure I don't aggravate a hip issue I've been dealing with off and on for the last few months.

The disc I throw in the vid is a K1 Stig and it likely would've gone 320' if it hadn't caught a branch near the basket (which it was on a line to ace fwiw).

Which hip?

You are never stacked balanced on your rear leg in that backswing, so you end up tipping off with your balance in the wrong direction, which will also put that plant hip and knee at risk:

u5SPzgo.png

I think you should get relaxed and in a neutral stance and work some Hershyzer and Elephant walk to help your balance and shift in standstills. You need to learn to shift from behind with everything closed in a better axis overall.

I suspect that you are probably freezing at the top of the backswing to try and control your posture and shot, but that is also blocking some of the elastic tension you want to gain in the backswing against the shift - they need to occur in opposition to work correctly. E-walk helps you get the rhythm and sequence moving leg to leg even if you change the pump style later.

Latest posts