• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I loathe you!

Oh man, so many discs that I dislike that I'll just start a list:

Groove, Monarch, Daedelus, Vulcan, Archon, Tee-Devil, Krait, Tern, Mamba, Crank, Nuke SS, Nuke OS, Mantis, Zombee, Pulse, Glide, Xpress, Stratus, Meteor, Buzzz SS, All Gateway that isn't their putters, All Prodigy that isn't their fairway line up, all Quest, all Lightning, Fury, Stiletto, Saint, Mace, Mercy, Ruby, Diamond, Pearl, Stag, World, King, Harp, Swan, Underworld...I could keep this going as I'm really not a fan of most discs (probably 98% of the market).

Jeez you just don't like anything, huh? :)

It's tough to choose but I must say this old 169g Aviar that I somehow have. It's way too light to be a putter and the plastic is hard and stiff and just digs into your finger. It flies really straight but is just a stupid disc with no use.

And I won't say I hate it per se, but my 12x Champ Firebird was a pretty useless disc (I traded it in). Way too overstable for any decent throw and just too difficult to dial in. Was only good for overhand shots, which I rarely throw. Gone!

hate is a strong word that I gladly use on the Prodigy PA4 and MVP Vector, and somewhat Axis.
So.....bad.

I knew someone who putted with a wedge, although he was good with it, I was embarrassed for him everytime... :mad:

I try not to hate a disc, because every disc really does have a purpose(even a wolf gets a bone sometime). However if I really sit and think about it, I'd say it wouldn't be anything. I really haven't picked up a disc and hated it. Just because a disc serves no purpose to you doesn't mean it's a bad disc.

Everybody seems to love the champ roc3's but I can't stand them, vibram discs I think are pieces of junk as well

I know many will disagree, but I hate the Gator for FH. It seems to not be very forgiving of OAT, so I have seen numerous players turn and burn a Gator FH due to OAT and be very confused as to why their very OS disc acted US. IMO the Zone is much more forgiving, but that may just be because the shallower rim allows a cleaner release. I think the Gator is a great OS midrange for BH, but I cringe every time I see someone try to flick one.

There's someone in my local league that all he does is FH a gator, that'll be his only driver for the round then he has a magic for a putter. He still makes a fool of all of us as he's driving it out 400 feet

There's someone in my local league that all he does is FH a gator, that'll be his only driver for the round then he has a magic for a putter. He still makes a fool of all of us as he's driving it out 400 feet

VIDEO or it didnt happen!! haha :popcorn:

gotta see that one day

I hate the Yankees, but that doesn't make them bad.

3/8 of your bagged discs are old and Innova, the rest are not. How can you throw a Judge and Truth yet talk **** on MVP?

Opinions are opinions.

Nope. Don't believe he's pumping out 400 with a gator. Video needed :thmbup:

He's at wakarusa at the moment but maybe when he gets back haha, I dislike the roc3 because of its unpredictability. So far the people I've talked to around here who have one, don't throw them

The Boss.

The only people I see that throw the boss are either people that don't throw far and think it will magically make them throw far because its the fastest best thing ever, or people that throw decent and talk about how they throw Bosses 400'. "Wow that's great. I just did that with a Roc."

I know that sounds really douchey and internet big guy that throws three miles-y. But that's how Bosses make me feel.

This is awesome!

I try not to hate a disc, because every disc really does have a purpose(even a wolf gets a bone sometime). However if I really sit and think about it, I'd say it wouldn't be anything. I really haven't picked up a disc and hated it. Just because a disc serves no purpose to you doesn't mean it's a bad disc.
Me neither LOL but these stories are hilarious! Keep 'em coming!! :popcorn:

My buddy's green and purple tie dye Champion Destroyer... that thing needs a permanent team of spotters... it's CAMOFLAUGE ON STEROIDS... even in the fairway...

wathc your disc Disappear!

My buddy's green and purple tie dye Champion Destroyer... that thing needs a permanent team of spotters... it's CAMOFLAUGE ON STEROIDS... even in the fairway...
I remember winning a CTP & for the prize I picked a really cool looking tie-dye champ Teebird. I threw my very first drive with it. When I went to look for the disc I stepped on it. I didn't notice it before I stepped on it! It was virtually invisible! lol

P.S. I know some people I see throwing could certainly use a permanent team of spotters to the fullest. I guess you know what I mean! :thmbup: :(

I remember winning a CTP & for the prize I picked a really cool looking tie-dye champ Teebird. I threw my very first drive with it. When I went to look for the disc I stepped on it. I didn't notice it before I stepped on it! It was virtually invisible! lol

P.S. I know some people I see throwing could certainly use a permanent team of spotters to the fullest. I guess you know what I mean! :thmbup: :(

ha! yeah some discs are like... WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT COLOR????

Still... some days I think we all need a permanent team of spotters... though, the longer you play, the less frequent those days are...

what's important, however, is to recognize when you're having one of those days and adjust your strategy...

my strategy adjustment on those days is to throw only bright orange discs...
:D

in retrospect... I probably should have bought an all orange starter set when I began...

Another POS disc I was more than happy to unload some time back was the Discraft Breeze. Of all the understable discs I've thrown this one had the least amount of glide of all. It just fell out of the sky. Along with that it was completely and utterly impossible to control in any amount of wind whatsoever.