• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need a bag

I have the Competition as well, an I am thinking about getting the back straps. Are they really worth the money? I have never used them.

YES!!! I don't always put both straps on my back unless it is a long walk. Usually I just throw one strap over my right shoulder. The stock strap weighed on my shoulder but the backpack strap doesn't. Don't ask me why. They just feel better. They are adjustable so you can let out/in as much slack as you want according to what is comfortable to you. Anyway, I like em'

I would suggest also the Innova Deluxe Bag. Its a great medium bag. Holds about 18 disc, and has a nice large pocket on the side. The only reason I upgrade was that I wanted 2 drink holders.

I have used both Innova and the Fade crunch bag. I swear by the Fade. It is light, durable, and unless I set it down on a hill it does not fall over. I also carry about 10 12 discs and it is the best.

I ended up with the fade crunch box. Seems nice. You can cram up to 17 in it (including 3 in the putter pocket) but it carries 10-14 quite nicely. I found it interesting that you can stack the discs either lengthwise or cross wise in it. It is lightweight, seems reasonably well built, plenty of features and the price is right.

My one beef is that the carabiner thing that holds the towel is too big for the little grommet on my towel. I ended up putting it on the smaller one designed for your keys.

Thanks for all the advice. If I wear this one out I'll look at some of the revolution or gorilla boy bags.

My one beef is that the carabiner thing that holds the towel is too big for the little grommet on my towel. I ended up putting it on the smaller one designed for your keys. ...

If you go to a craft store like Michaels you can get larger grommets and the tool to install them for about $5.

If you go to a craft store like Michaels you can get larger grommets and the tool to install them for about $5.

I might steal a towel with a bigger grommet off my ball golf bag.

I'm loving my Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey Bag. It's got a solid internal frame and holds my 11 discs quite comfortably. It's very durable and I can't see it wearing out anytime soon.

My son has a Fade Gear Tour Bag, and I must say, except for the loud color, its a very nice and well made bag. If they made one in black or gray, I would buy one myself.

I've heard that a lot. I have the Psycho bag (orange/yellow/purple) that I used for a few months before trading discs for a revo backpack. I'm going to try dyeing the bag black, I figure why not use rit for it's intended purpose every once in a while eh? I equate the Fade tourney bag to an Innova comp bag on steroids. everything is just a little bigger & better quad hookups.

My son has a Fade Gear Tour Bag, and I must say, except for the loud color, its a very nice and well made bag. If they made one in black or gray, I would buy one myself.

my vote is for the innova competition.

more room than i need right now and plenty of places to store crap.

gorilla bags are overpriced (imo) and fade bags look silly (also imo)

i will prefer the fade crunch box, comes in yellow dark blue light blue red pink and orange, holds 10-12 discs and has a towel clip and key clip on strap

my vote is for the innova competition.

more room than i need right now and plenty of places to store crap.

gorilla bags are overpriced (imo) and fade bags look silly (also imo)

I agree, I love my Competition bag:

bagsetup.jpg

My brother just got into DG & wanted to get a small, cheap bag. Lately the Fade bags are looking like the best bargain. When you step up to your next bag, look at Revolution. Besides the weak plastic frame it is the best in the biz (IMHO)

Latest posts