• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travel bags

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys, after many years of mainly only traveling to big cities/trade shows for work travel I'm back on the road a lot for work a lot these days.

Most of the time I'm driving, so I've got my bag but I've started to fly more recent and broke out my Nutsac for travel again.

Bag 1 for my Orlando/Tampa trip was;
DD3
Flare
Justice
Iguana
Tortuga

Ended up working well…except I lost the Flare in the trees at Picnic island. Replaced it with a Hellfire from the PIAS that I gave to a friend after the trip.

I'll keep updating what I bring as I'm sure it will alter some over time and may include glow discs later in the year.

Working on bag 2 now and thinking something like;
Giant
Fireball
Justice
Envy

Will be the backbone.

Ended up going;
Giant
Splice
Volt
Bard
Envy

But for the most part it could have easily been Splice/Volt/Envy, Giant got a few bomber shots and the Bard did get me some birdies but I felt bad that the courses I played were mainly 270-370ft holes so the Volt/Splice got the lions share of tee shots.

I approve of the envy. My travel bag ?

Electron envy and a Plasma or neutron
Uplink
Rhythm x 2 (160g and 172)
Tesla

2 envy and two rhythms pretty much cover it, that way im not crying if i lose one... uplink for touch and tesla for some beef and occasional OH.

That will be fun for you to try some different molds in the small bag.

I approve of the envy. My travel bag ?

Electron envy and a Plasma or neutron
Uplink
Rhythm x 2 (160g and 172)
Tesla

2 envy and two rhythms pretty much cover it, that way im not crying if i lose one... uplink for touch and tesla for some beef and occasional OH.

That will be fun for you to try some different molds in the small bag.
That sounds like a very solid bag!

I rarely try out new discs in any meaningful way these days since like half my rounds are rated, so doing these little travel bags is super fun.

That Volt Surprised me, really nice distance and I could hit those backhand straight lines so well,

That sounds like a very solid bag!

I rarely try out new discs in any meaningful way these days since like half my rounds are rated, so doing these little travel bags is super fun.

That Volt Surprised me, really nice distance and I could hit those backhand straight lines so well,
What kind of volt do you have?

I used to love my 171 pp neutron when I had a little more arm, the lightweight ones are great until it get windy. That's 160 tesla time for me.

I've been considering putting together a condensed travel bag that consists of discs that I really don't mind losing and using that as a way to break in some new discs as potential replacements. Since it generally seems like I am most prone to losing a disc while traveling.

(Of course, now that I type that I am going to drop my entire bag into the next pond I play locally.)

Am interested in how you chose these molds. Are these just your more common workhorse molds?

I've been considering putting together a condensed travel bag that consists of discs that I really don't mind losing and using that as a way to break in some new discs as potential replacements. Since it generally seems like I am most prone to losing a disc while traveling.

(Of course, now that I type that I am going to drop my entire bag into the next pond I play locally.)

Am interested in how you chose these molds. Are these just your more common workhorse molds?
It's been really fun, and I used to just pick my 5 most used discs but it ended up often in frustration if I lost a go to in a far flung place.

My current criteria are to fill out a slot in my bag that is essential to play well which is basically; OS control driver, Straight control/fairway driver, OS Mid, straighter mid, putter add OS distance driver sometimes

With the Envy I used that as putter and straight mid, so I could bring a driver.

I also bring discs that are typically easy to replace, or I wouldn't be heartbroken if I did end up losing them.

Its been fun to learn some new ones as well, the Splice was so close to my Flares it wasn't too hard to implement and the Volt/Envy combo this time was great.

I decide what to take based on the courses I plan on playing and what discs I'm willing to lose/have to replace. I rarely take my 'go to' discs as I don't want to lose them in another state and not get them back. I'll also normally take my travel bag to a field a few times before I travel to see how the discs fly for me.

Travel bag for this week was chosen by some friends;

Opto Stiletto
Glow Z Raptor
Neutron Terra
Mint Mustang(whatever their neutron equivalent is)
Glow Steady

Some of my friends like me more than others lol

I only ever carry a sling bag with 10 discs in it. I use this all of the time, including when I travel. :)

Where's the boo button. It's almost Halloween..

Looks pretty heavy, lots of wind down your way? I'm kinda curious how the Terra, stang and eddy do.

I only ever carry a sling bag with 10 discs in it. I use this all of the time, including when I travel. :)
I love my slinger bag, I mainly use it for glow but sometimes for travel if I can fit it in my suitcase.

Where's the boo button. It's almost Halloween..

Looks pretty heavy, lots of wind down your way? I'm kinda curious how the Terra, stang and eddy do.
Today the Terra was stinking great, it can hold a lot of lines. Backhand 300-350 and hyzering was useful and it can forehand pretty good too at 70% power.

Not sure about the Stang yet, need more time. I don't like it forehand but it did backhand up shots well.

Steady I liked throwing and hated putting. Feels just like a Wizard in premium, that bead is massive.

Today the Terra was stinking great, it can hold a lot of lines. Backhand 300-350 and hyzering was useful and it can forehand pretty good too at 70% power.

Not sure about the Stang yet, need more time. I don't like it forehand but it did backhand up shots well.

Steady I liked throwing and hated putting. Feels just like a Wizard in premium, that bead is massive.
Yeah I figured the Terra would be good for you. I noticed that they aren't running it in goofy light weights, every sense I have is that it's the Volt 2.0. It feels like it and sounds like it flies like it, the Volt was fickle for them, I kind of feel like it made the move with the ion by hopping on the heritage ship. A good one was great, I feel like they made it more stable and consistent in the Terra.

Yeah I figured the Terra would be good for you. I noticed that they aren't running it in goofy light weights, every sense I have is that it's the Volt 2.0. It feels like it and sounds like it flies like it, the Volt was fickle for them, I kind of feel like it made the move with the ion by hopping on the heritage ship. A good one was great, I feel like they made it more stable and consistent in the Terra.
Yeah I compared the two in a video a while ago and while the Terra is beefier than the 3 Volts I have had they are both good. Terra feels nicer to me, but the Fission Volt is also freaking great. I feel like a heavy Terra and a 160-165 Volt would be an elite fairway combo. Throw in a Flare or Fireball and it's 10/10 in that speed range.

It makes sense to use something like the Envy for putt and approach. Always looking for double duty+ in a travel bag.

Curious, do you (or others) use a range finder for travel? Seems like an opportune time given you are playing a course blind.

maybe some don't need it. I have one. Haven't really used it much. Not that I'm a good judge of distance. If I were trying to be as good as possible, I'd use it. But then I'd have no excuse for missing my line.

It makes sense to use something like the Envy for putt and approach. Always looking for double duty+ in a travel bag.

Curious, do you (or others) use a range finder for travel? Seems like an opportune time given you are playing a course blind.

maybe some don't need it. I have one. Haven't really used it much. Not that I'm a good judge of distance. If I were trying to be as good as possible, I'd use it. But then I'd have no excuse for missing my line.
I actually never use one, I messed around with own a bit and am usually pretty darn close without it. Don't need one more expensive thing to lose.

This weeks bag is featuring;

Envy
Iguana
Justice
Flare
X3

Should be fun!

This weeks bag is featuring;

Envy
Iguana
Justice
Flare
X3

Should be fun!
This bag was very solid, the Justice I brought could have been more stable but it was very solid overall.

The X3 I hadn't thrown much and it was really fun, goes super far with minimal effort and can do a lot of lines. Hold a turn without burning is always nice to have in the arsenal.

Latest posts