• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] I need a new Distance Driver! HELP!

E_Rock25

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey guys,

I think I need a new distance driver. I have been throwing the Avenger SS for years as my Max D control driver. I am a RHFH player and I can get my SS's out to around 400' on a good throw. Most throws are around 350' - 375'.

I played in a tournament this weekend and just kept turning the Avengers over on almost all my drives. I ended up with 4 OB's because of it and played like $h!t. I have noticed that this has been becoming a problem in the last few weeks. I feel like I can't throw them at 100% power anymore (unless its a tailwind). I think this may be due to me getting in better shape and having more arm speed and snap on the disc.

I am not going to drop the SS but I need something that can handle a little more speed and snap. I want a driver with around the same speed that is just a bit more stable. I have been throwing a Nuke a little bit and have tried a regular Avenger but I am not sold on either of them really.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Surge, Orc, and Wraith are the first suggestions that come to mind.

+ Riptide, Boatman, PD, Starfire....

I've been running some field work all the discs mentioned above...

But out of all of them, I'd say Orc or PD. The PD will be a bit beefier than the Orc...

No suggestions but 400' with an A-ss flick is pretty freaking impressive!!

Thanks I really like throwing Understable stuff FH and have been working on my form a ton. I have been trying to just adjust my release angle a bit so my hyzerflips dont turn and burn but I think A more stable disc would make things easier.

Surge, Orc, and Wraith are the first suggestions that come to mind.

+ Riptide, Boatman, PD, Starfire....

I've been running some field work all the discs mentioned above...

But out of all of them, I'd say Orc or PD. The PD will be a bit beefier than the Orc...

Been throwing a Orc and I either have a freaky OS one or it is not the disc for me. I have thrown Wraiths in the past as well and need to try them again. Starfires also seem to stable for what I am looking for. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks guys.

you throw the normal Avenger? that seems like the perfect answer to me.. but if the orc seems a bit much then the Avenger may be as well .. the ESP Surge is a very nice disc and doesnt seem to be as beefy as its Elite-Z partner .. or maybe even the Surge SS .. i would say the Surge reminds me of a beat up Wraith.. slower have you thrown a Valk.. or Viking? prob same speed as A-SS but not near the amount of turn

I have thrown the normal Avenger and its right on the edge of what I am looking for. I want to throw Valks but I have a problem with OOP plastic and would like to stay away from innova because of this. :eek: I spend way to much money on plastic as it is and really love CE but don't want to throw crazy expensive stuff. I know if I start throwing Valks I will spend a ton of money on them hahaha. Maybe I just need to beat the crap out of some Elite X Avengers.

I love the avenger ss for flicks, probably the straightest and most accurate FH disc for me.
For something a bit faster/os and similar, I say old mold beast, thing is a-ma-zing.

if you don't like fishing for those, maybe try an orc, everyone says it's the same.

If you haven't thrown an X Avenger, they do start out less overstable than the other plastics. They're pretty nice.

i can flick my forehands about 370 feet with my wiggins destroyers. I throw footballs sidarm when i was a kid. i recommend something like a destroyer that is super overstable for a destroyer. just like Paul McBeth does with his pop top destroyer.

I throw flex avenger ss's as my main sidearm control driver - great disc. The next up on the stability scale for me is the flex surge ss. Will hyser flip, but is stable enough to hold a flat line all the way without too much fade at low speed.

I throw flex avenger ss's as my main sidearm control driver - great disc. The next up on the stability scale for me is the flex surge ss. Will hyser flip, but is stable enough to hold a flat line all the way without too much fade at low speed.

Thanks... have you tried the Avenger SS in Ti plastic? I am wondering if it would have a bit more HSS? I hate the Ti colors for the most part that is why I havent tried it but if I could find a few nice bright ones that might be the ticket.

I think I need to try a surge ss for sure.

I'm a big fan of the Innova Tern in Star Plastic. Or just get a regular Avenger, or brand new Avenger SS.

Anyone think any of the Prodigy Drivers would fit here? D3 or D4? I really like the feel of the plastic but I have yet to try any of there disc's.

Latest posts