• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need a straight flying driver

I have a DX and a Champ. The DX seems to fly some what straight, the but the champ fades quite hard to the left at the end of the flight. It dosen't make sense, because the numbers say it shouldn't do that.
Champ plastic is always more stable than its rating. I have a pro and a champ beast. Two totally different discs.

Champ plastic is always more stable than its rating. I have a pro and a champ beast. Two totally different discs.

+1 Agreed.

The change in plastic makes a BIG difference to me.

I see you point. I have a Champ Valk and Pro, and they Pro flies much straighter. Of course its becoming under-stable, and that's why I need a different disc.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it, but the straightest driver in my bag is is a JLS. I don't actually use it very much because it's only flies slightly further than my Buzzz and it doesn't fly very far when thrown low.

id give your champ valks a little more time to break in and become less overstable and once they do they should hold their shape and not become junk like the dx and pro discs. i also agree with skurf on the jls i just figured id probally mentioned it to you before on another thread or you already had one since most everyone in texas has that or a polaris. Id go with the Qjls instaed of the base plastic since you play alot of wooded courses and the base plastic dosnt take tree hits very good.

If you throw less than 300ft id get a mid to lower 160s Qjls , btw you can find jls and Qjls at academy .

id give your champ valks a little more time to break in and become less overstable and once they do they should hold their shape and not become junk like the dx and pro discs. i also agree with skurf on the jls i just figured id probally mentioned it to you before on another thread or you already had one since most everyone in texas has that or a polaris. Id go with the Qjls instaed of the base plastic since you play alot of wooded courses and the base plastic dosnt take tree hits very good.

If you throw less than 300ft id get a mid to lower 160s Qjls , btw you can find jls and Qjls at academy .

I am going to take my Champ Valk out of the closet, and I will see what happens. I will try tomorrow.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it, but the straightest driver in my bag is is a JLS. I don't actually use it very much because it's only flies slightly further than my Buzzz and it doesn't fly very far when thrown low.
i was actually going to post the same thing...JLS is the disc i throw to go straight

I do have a JLS. I will have to take it out of the closet and see what I can do with it.

If you throw around 300' or less nothing goes straighter and farther easier than a Champion Sidewinder. Past 300' and it starts turning over.

OK, I think I found what I was looking for. I have two practice fields, and one has a row of trees, about 20 feet apart, for about 275 feet. Make a perfect place to practice tight shots. I tried several discs that I have , and the one that came out on top was a 165 DX Viking that I bought off a guy who fished it out of a lake about a year ago. I only paid $5 for it if I remember right.

I threw it and it went dead straight will almost no fade for 270 ft. That is just what I need. I guess I never really tried it before. I have been so interested in distance, I forgot about tight fairways.

That must be a beat to hell t-rex, because the ones I have thrown are pretty overstable inless you have a big arm
DX TeeRexes can be flippy right out of the box... I stopped buying them.

Star TeeRexes will eventually beat in to pretty straight flyers. Buy some on ebay if you don't want to do the work yourself... (or you play the LINKS and can't keep one long enough to get beat in).

I tried a LS Polaris, and that damn thing goes dead straight. Great for tight fairways. I guess I will try it for a while.

Latest posts