• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Need help finding an old Disc

Killer B

So, I lost a disc a long time ago and I need some help tracking it down. This is mainly for sentimental reasons because this was the first disc I had ever owned. No, I am not trying to track down the exact disc, but I am trying to figure out the brand name. It looked just like the Discraft XS but I am almost 100% positive it was not.

discraft_z_xs.jpg

I remember it was 8 or 9 years ago, right around the "NEW" style of plastic was coming out. Mine looked just like the one above, but it didn't have all that writing on it. I also remember that after losing it, I bought the above mentioned Discraft XS Disc and thinking, "This just isn't the same."

I know this seems like a silly task to track down the maker of my once beloved favorite disc, but I thought I would give it a shot anyways.

P.S. I also am aware that there is even better plastic available now. I say again, this is sentimental.

Thanks.
:(

It was probably the Discraft XL, which came out about that time. Or it could have been a Millennium LS, this was one of the first disc to come out in premium plastic.

XL? That would be my guess. I think I even have one.

I love the XL and still throw it today. I bought it in the FLX plastic and love it even more. It is a dependable, predictable workhorse for the 250'-325' range. I often look back over a round and I am surprised at how many holes/throws I used an XL on.

I've got a yellow XL - has a tournament stamp though, looks just like your picture. Most of my plastic is circa 2003. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture. It's in the closet if you're interested in a trade.

I may give it another try, it's sort of teebird-ish, slightly slower, haven't taken it out to the course/field in a while. I might have more use for it these days.

Anyway the beauty of Discraft is that you can go get a brand new one, same color, weight etc. and it's going to fly the way your first one did (coming from someone who throws mainly Innova plastic) - providing that the XL is still being made - not sure, don't really follow the DC line.

The XL is for sure still being made and in I believe every plastic they have. I love me an XL ... I just lost one in a pond and need to replace it.

was the disc more or less stable than the xs?- if more it was probably an xl, if less it was probably an xpress.
What I can remember is that after I bought that disc, I could through farther and straighter than ever before. I remember after I lost it, I bought the Discraft XS disc displayed above, but it just wasn't the same. The one I had, had no writing on it. I believe it came out before the Discraft XS though. This is truly for sentimental reasons for tracking this disc down and I appreciate all the help.

If it was overstable then it was probably an Extra which is out of production. By any chance did the one you lost have a bad homemade flame dye that looked like a dinosaur footprint? If so I have it.

Latest posts