• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I-phone scorecard

Is GolfCard worth the money? It is $7.99. Basically does it actually provide $5 more content then the $1.99 disc golf app?

I wonder that too. It seems to get good ratings but I'm not sure if there's maybe more than I need. Obviously it's geared toward ball golf but it is cool that there's DG included.

I think it's worth more. You can look over all your stats, add stroke data to each hole (fairway L or R, bunker shots, # of putts, etc.) and it also has a Range Finder incorporated in it- so you can mark each hole, hazards, fairways, tee, etc. and get your distance if you want. You can email the scores for the round in a few different formats, and you can upload them to their site, which I haven't done, and don't think you can with the dg courses.

But I like the $2 too, it does a nice job of just keeping score and showing your averages per hole. It depends what you want out of it I guess :)

I did graduate from Purdue several years ago.

Kenny

Right now I'm using Caddy, which has a nice interface. What sold me on the app, although it's for ball golf, is that I can input course info then upload that to a database that other players can download. For my area there's about half ball golf courses entered and half disc golf courses entered (thanks to me :) ). Oh yeah, it also backs up your settings to their database, this includes all scorecards and rounds of golf you've entered.

I was reading a bit about GolfCard but couldn't tell if uploading and downloading of disc golf courses was supported. To me, that's a big selling feature of a scoring app.

I'm really happy with the one i have and other players think it's great too..

I paid 1.99 for the app from Sutibo Software........rated 4 of 5 stars, lots of positive reviews.

My only pre-disc golf friend that plays disc golf actually knows the man behind Sutibo Software, I told him how everybody here likes his app and it made him rather pleased. Seems like a nice guy. I'm trying to remember which of my buddy's old hometowns he's from...I'm thinking Colorado..

\/\/

My only pre-disc golf friend that plays disc golf actually knows the man behind Sutibo Software, I told him how everybody here likes his app and it made him rather pleased. Seems like a nice guy. I'm trying to remember which of my buddy's old hometowns he's from...I'm thinking Colorado..

\/\/

The only peeve i have with it is the fact that the "Player names" that you enter are somewhat permanent. Once you finish a round, it goes into the "History" area. Then you'll play another round with different people and you change Player #3's name, it changes the name in the history files too.

Ex. Round 1
Jeff
Tim
Greg
Steve

We finish the round and its saved to "History"

Round 2
Jeff
Tim
Greg
Dave

Before round 2, i have to change the name in slot #4 and it ALSO changes the name in the history file for round 1

The only peeve i have with it is the fact that the "Player names" that you enter are somewhat permanent. Once you finish a round, it goes into the "History" area. Then you'll play another round with different people and you change Player #3's name, it changes the name in the history files too.

Ex. Round 1
Jeff
Tim
Greg
Steve

We finish the round and its saved to "History"

Round 2
Jeff
Tim
Greg
Dave

Before round 2, i have to change the name in slot #4 and it ALSO changes the name in the history file for round 1

Instead of "Edit" when choosing players, make sure you select "Switch" in the top tabs. This will allow you to enter a new person, up to a total of 9 players. Then you can select the correct player for each round without changing your history. Once you've set your 9 players, though, you'll then have to "Edit" for any new ones which will change your history.

Hubby had the same problem, so I just went through and added all the people he normally plays with.

Instead of "Edit" when choosing players, make sure you select "Switch" in the top tabs. This will allow you to enter a new person, up to a total of 9 players. Then you can select the correct player for each round without changing your history. Once you've set your 9 players, though, you'll then have to "Edit" for any new ones which will change your history.

Hubby had the same problem, so I just went through and added all the people he normally plays with.

Yea that's the problem..........with 35 guys that i regularly play with(in a tag challenge league). No biggie, i just go home and transfer score to the DiscGolfScene.com site anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts