• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think my hips need help!

It looks like you are barely gripping the disc, I'd check your grip especially thumb position on the disc, I like to put the thumb on the inside edge of the rim pressing through the flight plate. Your x-step is too long and you lean away from the target over your rear leg, so you are not balanced/centered upright inside your posture/frame and you are pushing off your rear heel with balance behind both your heels instead of being in more athletic ready position on insteps. Don't try to shift your weight back and forth, stay centered within your swing and posture and your weight will shift more compact quick and powerful. You then stride into an open stance with the front foot closer to the right side of the tee than your rear foot, should be the opposite. Your arm swing looks decent though.

That is the position I place my thumb also. I do have a bad habit of my grip being way loose on the reach back and tightening it as I start the pull. Thanks for the links and input!

Latest posts