• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think Val got burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was completely wrong when I made my first statement regarding the importance of it being empty / not empty. The more I searched and read the rules, I've changed my opinion on the importance of it.

I made an error and I'm owning up to it.

It seems like you have already arrived at your conclusion before reviewing the case, that seems troubling to me. I would think that it would be critical to have an open mind and not have a predetermined outcome planned before reviewing.

Maybe I've reviewed the case? Maybe I've talked to all parties involved?

I have to dumb this down and highlight it so SonicGuy can find it and not have to read.

So what if you find it unprofessional? The rule doesn't give a punishent for being unprofessional. It allows for a punishment for possession of alcohol. How can you admit that she wasn't in possession of alcohol and then go on to back a punishment outside of the rules based on your opinion on what is professional?

So what if you find it unprofessional? The rule doesn't give a punishent for being unprofessional. It allows for a punishment for possession of alcohol. How can you admit that she wasn't in possession of alcohol and then go on to back a punishment outside of the rules based on your opinion on what is professional?

You are wrong about the rule not allowing a DQ for being unprofessional. Not only wrong, this is just a down right silly and illogical argument.

As it says in Section A of 3.03:

"Any conduct deemed to be unprofessional is subject to a tournament warning or immediate disqualification by the Tournament Director, and may also be subject to further disciplinary actions from the PDGA"

Here's the rule:
https://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-manual/303

I didn't admit she wasn't in possession of alcohol. I even asked why would someone pick up a beer can and put in a koozie? I'm not sure why you aren't reading what is being said other than trolling or some level of anti PDGA hate that is far too common.

We have seen tons of evidence that says the can could be empty, but we've seen no evidence, at least publicly, that ever says it was picked up as trash. Even in Val's statement she didn't say it, she only said it was empty. She never once publicly said anything about it not being drank, she just alluded to being empty.

I haven't seen evidence, publicly, that shows that it was or wasn't empty outside of statements. I simply argued before that it didn't matter. Originally I said it did and I changed my opinion after thought, logic and research. I'm admitting to that. But at least, unlike you, I'm actually thinking about this.

Maybe you're not an objective party anymore, since your potential resignation weighed on the outcome.

Ironically, I'm not currently chair. I took a LOA when my son was put in the hospital. So I'm not even handling the case currently. But someone is and I've seen a lot of the information.

This will be my last statement on the subject.

Back to planning am worlds!

Does Val face a possible suspension?

Great question, Brutus. This conversation is getting stale. We need to freshen things up by bringing in new ideas for measures that are even more excessively punitive!

Just a few options:

• Does Val face a possible lifetime ban from PDGA competition?
  • Has Val been turned into the local authorities regarding possession of alcohol in the park?
  • Is this her 3rd strike in California? Could she be facing life in prison?
  • Do they have Capital Punishment there?

Last edited:
Great question, Brutus. This conversation is getting stale. We need to freshen things up by bringing in new ideas for measures that are even more excessively punitive!

Just a few options:

• Does Val face a possible lifetime ban from PDGA competition?
  • Has Val been turned into the local authorities regarding possession of alcohol in the park?
  • Is this her 3rd strike in California? Could she be facing life in prison?
  • Do they have Capital Punishment there?

What about her caddy?!?! Why should Val be the only one punished? Some options for her include, but not limited to:
  • - lifetime ban from all PDGA events
  • - rescind HoF membership, or ban for life if not already a member
  • - ban all current and future Jenkinses from PDGA
  • - make her clean up all cans on the course and put them in koozies

Well, considering Sharon is an active member, I guess the suspension(if one were to be given) should fall on her...

I highly encourage every PDGA to contact the PDGA staff one by one and let them know you don't think the person in charge of reviewing discipline should be publicly airing out his opinions on an internet forum board for everyone to see. And also let them know how unprofessional it is for him to make public judgements before reviewing the facts at hand and parties involved.

PDGA Staff list, click on names to contact them

PDGA Board of Directors as well

Maybe they could attempt to put the "P" back in Professional and tell Robert Leonard (MTL) his services are no longer needed.

I was completely wrong when I made my first statement regarding the importance of it being empty / not empty. The more I searched and read the rules, I've changed my opinion on the importance of it.

I made an error and I'm owning up to it.

I always thought you were a commie. Americans don't admit mistakes. We don't make any, we're perfect. Born that way, on the fourth of July.

I highly encourage every PDGA to contact the PDGA staff one by one and let them know you don't think the person in charge of reviewing discipline should be publicly airing out his opinions on an internet forum board for everyone to see. And also let them know how unprofessional it is for him to make public judgements before reviewing the facts at hand and parties involved.

Maybe they could attempt to put the "P" back in Professional and tell Robert Leonard (MTL) his services are no longer needed.

Oh oh, can we settle this with an arm wrestling match? Or... no wait, dance off!

Or you could be thankful that there is at least one participating member of a PDGA committee who actually explains how ambiguously worded rules are interpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.