• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I want a new putter...

The focus is like a discraft wizard (thanks coachq). I use both for putting practice but I prefer the wizard simply due to mental comfortability.

Currently experimenting with a Soft Banger and I'm enjoying it. It's a little more stable than an aviar or magnet, but not as liberal (left leaning) as a pig or Rhyno. The indentation where your thumb goes combined with the soft plastic tackiness feels fantastic in the hand, so if you can putt with a slightly overstable putter then you'll like it. It's also great for short drives and upshots that are too close for a mid. Before the Banger I used a Soft Magnet for a long while and then a JK aviar and an APX. Started the game with a Sonic for 6 months or so, so I can say I've played with both ends of the stability spectrum in putters.

i have been using a Pure for about 6 months now. Great for putting, approaches and driving. I find that they compliment Zones well; they feel similar in my hand so switching up on windier days hasn't been an issue

Probably every putter has been named already, but I just want to (re)emphasize the dx putt and approach aviar, or classic aviar. It just goes in the direction of momentum. There no timing the fade, because there is no fade, and it makes a great driver too. Better than the "aviar driver" if you ask me. It's just so easy button. But if you like to time fade, then you will prefer a big bead aviar, rhyno, challenger, wizard, or whatever. It just depends on what works better for you. Straight in, or time the fade?

Read all the hype so I tried the wizard just didn't like the bead and switched to magic. Some basic shape but beadless. But I don't tend to use my putter for anything over 100' - so I decided to get what felt good to me and I'm sticking with it.

I've tried a lot of putters, but find myself keep going back to my Innova DX Dart. I've made more putts with that thing than any other putter I've used. I don't use it for driving though; I use a DX Rhyno for driving duties.

The best part of this thread has been reading how personal everyone's putter selection is. They are like the underwear of disc golf. Except for no one can go commando, because you've got to have a putter.

As a spin/lob style putter, similar to Nikko's style, I really like stable to overstable putters. I use Organic wizards as my main putters. They are stiffer but not like their mediums are. But I have a medium wizard for driving. The organics are sticky and tacky and have a really nice rubber feel to them once they break in just a tad. I love Em. I do also carry a soft focus tho. Same mold basically but it's nice to have the softness available if I need it.

I like these:

picture.php

I use these guys too until I get a little further out (about 25Ft.). Then I switch to it's beat in Pro D brother. The pro D has a little more glide and doesn't fade as much, especially once it gets beat in a little.

Try one of these

puttersondisplay004.jpg

Or these

puttersondisplay002.jpg

I putt with a Soft Focus, and I approach with a Soft Magnet

If you want something really different, try one of the Vibram putters. I tried one and got hooked. The rubber based material is so different than anything else out there.

100 - 150 feet out I'm throwing my Champion aviar....100 - 40 I'm throwing my Banger gt, and from 40 and up I'm throwing my Magic sss