• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Icarus's First Bag Check

Icarus

Par Member
I'm just going to follow the format as best I can. One thing I'm looking for currently is a good disc for mid-range turnover shots (like a flip to mild turn shot that holds the turn rather than coming out of it or continuing to turn and die into the ground). I'd also like a good driving putter with a shallower rim than the Aviars. I love the flight of a putter, where it'll just go straight until hitting the dirt.

Years Playing: 5
Throwing arm: Right handed
Throwing Style: RHBH and RHFH.

Bag/Distances. I don't have weights, but I buy most of my discs max or near max weight. The numbers after the discs indicate the following
Disc (max D I would consider throwing on a flat hole / max D I can throw the disc).
Goals: Mainly 2 things, I guess. Throw 500' reliably and work up to an average of 1000-rating. Main weaknesses currently are putting (always) and shaping anny lines or shorter turnover lines where a forehand can't be used.

Putters

• 2 DX Aviars (300/320'). Mainly putting. I'd like to drive with putters more, as I like the flight)

Mid-Ranges

• Star RocX3 (320/350'). Straight to fade or mild hyzer shots. Forehand straight/fade shots.
  • Champ RocX3 (320/350'). Straight to fade or mild hyzer shots. Forehand straight/fade shots.
  • Champ Mako3 (300/360'). Slightly beat. Tunnel hyzer-flip shots, anny shots. Short forehand straight shots.
  • Champ Mako3 (300/360'). New. Same as before, slightly less understable.

Drivers
  • Star Teebird (375/400'). New. Straight long shots and shorter straight to fade. Also hyzers. Also mid-range forehand straight and hyzer shots.
  • Lucid Escape (400/430'). New. Very understable. Long distance turnovers, shorter distance S-turns or hyzerflips.
  • Champion Valkyrie (400/430'). New. Surprisingly stable. Long distance mild S-turn, long-distance hyzer-flips. Mid-distance anyhyzer shots that come back. Also great for straight-to-fade forehands (300')
  • Champion Firebird (350/375'). New. Stupidly overstable. Wind or spike hyzer disc.
  • Star Destroyer (425'/450'). Slightly Beat. Hyzer shots, hyzer-flip to S-turn for max D on the course. Longest forehand disc (350' max or so, mild S-turn when thrown on slight hyzer).
  • Halo Star Destroyer (400'/425'). New, stable. Long-distance wind disc, or straight to fade distance shots where I can't afford a disc to turn over.

Latest posts