• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I have had this disc laying around for a long time. Plastic feels dx like any idea what it might be?

Attachments

• 1455669668103102941136.jpg
    1455669668103102941136.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 1455669700955513665438.jpg
    1455669700955513665438.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 35
Anyone know anything about old Rocs?

I've had this old Roc for quite some time. i recently came across it and decided to try and research it a bit but haven been able to find too much on it. Can anyone help out? It has San Marino on the back
S2UcmM.jpg

Discovering the world roc. Should be plenty on Google if u search that. I know some people look for them but don't know any more than that They are fairly well known

I found a black disc at pat it again sports. West coast disc golf tour 2014 written in a circle in Orange. Anybody know what disc this might be. Definitely a driver.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2705

Rocs seem confusing, but it's not really all that bad to understand.

The first Roc came out about '87. It was a small diameter 21.2 cm diameter disc based off the XD. In '89 that disc was replaced with the first version of what we consider a Roc today-the 21.7 cm diameter San Marino Roc. This disc quickly became the most popular disc on the market. At the time the Stingray was about as long a disc as you could get, so the Roc was used by many players for almost every shot.

In '94 or '95, something happened to the Roc mold and the disc was replaced with a new version. Innova's mailing address had changed, so the tooling on the new disc said "Ontario." Thus the old disc became the "San Marino" or "Sanny" Roc and the new disc was called the "Ontario" Roc. The Ontario Roc has a higher dome and flips easier than the San Marino's. Because of this they were not very popular and they were replaced in 1997 by the current "Rancho" Roc, so named because Innova moved from Ontario to Rancho Cucamonga and the tooling once again changed.

so if the diameter is 21.7 cm then it is a late 80's or early 90's san marino roc.

Yeah, the stamp is just the Discovering The World stamp. They have used that forever, it is very common. The uncommon part would be the San Marino part. If it's an original San Marino, not beat to death and heavy, those were good throwers.

Anybody know if they ran the DTW stamp on any of the new San Marino's?

So I came across this today

Since they moved the Destroyer to Mcbeth, is this the new Teebird?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 47
I have had this disc for awhile, very curious to know what it is. I got it from a friend in 2010. It's a pretty cheap feeling disc but I'm not sure if it's just old or a cheap spin off. There is no tooling on the bottom. Inked weight 173 is all. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas.
picture.php

picture.php

I have had this disc for awhile, very curious to know what it is. I got it from a friend in 2010. It's a pretty cheap feeling disc but I'm not sure if it's just old or a cheap spin off. There is no tooling on the bottom. Inked weight 173 is all. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas.
picture.php

picture.php
I would hazard a guess from the description that it is a Lightning #1 Diver. It could be a #4 Driver. Or a #1 Flyer. Does it have grip rings around the inside of the rim? If yes, it's one of those Lightning discs. If not, Gateway had some untooled discs way way back in the late '90's-early 00's so that would be my backup guess.

http://imgur.com/a/3g5gh

Here's a disc I found not too long ago, hoping someone can help tell me what it is?

Looks like a *VL? Star Valkyrie??

Looks custom painted also, unless anyone knows something specific about it.

Latest posts