• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

What is this disc? There is no evidence of writing or description on the underneath side. Par Plastics puts their stamp on other brands as far as I know. I'm intrigued by the two circles on the bottom, equidistant from the center mark. maybe where the arm picks up the disc after being molded? It's a domey fairway, (I'm guessing 7 speed), appears stable (like 7/#/0/2.)

Attachments

• 0437993E-6819-4B2E-BBC1-33B54CE241F5.jpg
    0437993E-6819-4B2E-BBC1-33B54CE241F5.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 3466D980-2352-48A3-8880-D111C28051BB.jpg
    3466D980-2352-48A3-8880-D111C28051BB.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 57
What is this disc? There is no evidence of writing or description on the underneath side. Par Plastics puts their stamp on other brands as far as I know. I'm intrigued by the two circles on the bottom, equidistant from the center mark. maybe where the arm picks up the disc after being molded? It's a domey fairway, (I'm guessing 7 speed), appears stable (like 7/#/0/2.)

The disc appears to have MVP's Plasma plastic, but is not overmold tech So, that likely makes it either Streamline, Mint Discs, or Thought Space Athletics, which are all produced by MVP as far as I know.

If it is Streamline, then it is probably a Drift. If Mint Discs, then it is an Alpha. If Thought Space Athletics, which is my guess, then it is probably a Mantra.

Last edited:
If it is Streamline, then it is probably a Drift. If Mint Discs, then it is an Alpha. If Thought Space Athletics, which is my guess, then it is probably a Mantra.

Thank you! I believe it is a Mint Discs Alpha. It seems to fit the profile and sublime plastic. A friend has a Mantra and those are more understable.

Need help here, it's either a Misselin or Raketen but has no tooling to tell them apart. I think Misselin but unsure.

Attachments

• 2A4193BB-BCA9-4491-8AD5-E8995F817A2A.jpg
    2A4193BB-BCA9-4491-8AD5-E8995F817A2A.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 33
Need help here, it's either a Misselin or Raketen but has no tooling to tell them apart. I think Misselin but unsure.

I'd lean more towards Raketen actually:
Photo-Jul-10-11-26-14-PM-1024x566.jpg

However, the only picture of Missilens wing profile I could find has a low quality (Missilen)

Have you thrown the disc? That would be an easy way to differentiate: Raketen is quite flippy, while Missilen is rather overstable.

I'd lean more towards Raketen actually:
Photo-Jul-10-11-26-14-PM-1024x566.jpg

However, the only picture of Missilens wing profile I could find has a low quality (Missilen)

Have you thrown the disc? That would be an easy way to differentiate: Raketen is quite flippy, while Missilen is rather overstable.

Not yet, going to tomorrow. Was raining hard today.

A buddy has a Misselin he is willing to let me borrow and compare.

Is that your Raketen? Is it pretty domey? I've only had one Misselin but it was several years ago when they came out and I can't remember.

Is that your Raketen? Is it pretty domey? I've only had one Misselin but it was several years ago when they came out and I can't remember.

It's not mine, just a pic from google images. I've thrown a few some years ago, as far as I can remember, their domes were on the modest side.
The Missilens I've seen have all been board flat though, so if it has some dome, it's more likely a Raketen.

Does the disc have any inscription under the flight plate? Those discs had their names and weights molded in, if I remember correctly.

It's not mine, just a pic from google images. I've thrown a few some years ago, as far as I can remember, their domes were on the modest side.
The Missilens I've seen have all been board flat though, so if it has some dome, it's more likely a Raketen.

Does the disc have any inscription under the flight plate? Those discs had their names and weights molded in, if I remember correctly.

Just weight and Lat64 made in Sweden.

Missilen has a wider, shallower rim than the Raketen. The Missilen is also flatter.

Throwing the disc should tell you all you need to know. A Raketen will flip fairly easily and glide for big distance. The Missilen won't flip, and will fade hard.

IDK if you've ever tried a Missilen for big sidearm distance, but it might work. They don't turn easily.

Missilen has a wider, shallower rim than the Raketen. The Missilen is also flatter.

Throwing the disc should tell you all you need to know. A Raketen will flip fairly easily and glide for big distance. The Missilen won't flip, and will fade hard.

IDK if you've ever tried a Missilen for big sidearm distance, but it might work. They don't turn easily.

Finally got to try it yesterday. It has to be a Misselin.

Backhand it would go in the high 300s but I couldn't flip it. Just straight to fade and super quick getting there. Forehand I couldn't give it everything, but a 70% one step throw was getting 400+.

this shouldnt be hard but i have this stamp on a non glow emperor( emperor press on bottom).

i can only find the stamp on an aztec from 2019 black friday sale? any ideas

https://ibb.co/c615XBn

Last edited:
Mystery disc

I don't have a picture, but I'll describe my mystery disc as well as possible. Clear, pink plastic. Very similar to Z, champion, Lucid etc. Speed 13-14 driver. Flat top. Shallow, beveled rim. Seems overstable.

No tooling of any sort. I literally have no clue what brand the disc even is.

It says NADGT (National Amateur Disc Golf Tour). No other writing anywhere on the disc.

Anyone have a clue what brand/mold this thing is? Just looking at it kind of reminds of of a Stiletto, but the plastic is stiffer than anything I've seen from Trilogy.

What Innova Midrange is this?

Received this metal flake champion disc in a holiday disc swap and can't figure out the mold. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 595D51B2-75B3-422B-AB9B-4D84C71F33A6.jpg
    595D51B2-75B3-422B-AB9B-4D84C71F33A6.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 0E8D48DF-5F0A-46CD-A491-6A731ED7EA1A.jpg
    0E8D48DF-5F0A-46CD-A491-6A731ED7EA1A.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
QMS is a Millennium disc; the actual disc name is the Aurora MS but when Champ plastic became available (Innvoa makes Millennium's discs so the plastic Millennium calls Q plastic is the same as Champ plastic) for some reason the Q Aurora MS has always been stamped as "QMS". The disc itself is the Shark top/Stingray bevel and from time to time it has had the Stingray bevel with a microbead that was used on the Super Stingrays. The disc you posted from the picture looked like it possibly could have that microbead Super Stingray wing so somebody guessed it was a Metal Flake QMS.

It's not, the nose it wrong and like you said it's an MD4. We guess wrong sometimes.

I guess wrong almost all the time; I can't tell anything from pictures. I kinda need the disc in hand to figure this stuff out. Which makes me great to have at the used bin of a disc golf store, but pretty worthless in here.

I don't have a picture, but I'll describe my mystery disc as well as possible. Clear, pink plastic. Very similar to Z, champion, Lucid etc. Speed 13-14 driver. Flat top. Shallow, beveled rim. Seems overstable.

No tooling of any sort. I literally have no clue what brand the disc even is.

It says NADGT (National Amateur Disc Golf Tour). No other writing anywhere on the disc.

Anyone have a clue what brand/mold this thing is? Just looking at it kind of reminds of of a Stiletto, but the plastic is stiffer than anything I've seen from Trilogy.

Sounds like it could be a legacy disc. I don't think they have tooling on them, or didn't at first. Maybe a rampage or cannon? Just a guess

4th run sublime plastic alpha from MINT discs.

Latest posts