• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas for a trick disc golf course....

mk.ultra

Birdie Member
I've been thinking lately how awesome it would be if someone made a trick shot disc golf course. It would have holes that test you in certain areas (backhand, forehand, overhand, etc.) and also just plain fun holes.

For example (I know this exists on a course already), a swinging basket suspended from chains.

A hole in which you attempt to get your disc into a giant funnel which directs it into the basket.

A hole which slowly moves up and down.

A hole which you must penetrate through a couple layers of hanging obstacles.

I'd like to hear some of your ideas.

I think they have some ideas like that on the tiki course at the Grange.

neat idea

series of 2-3 walls set up so you must S-curve through them.

wall with a space under. must skip the disc off the ground (maybe with a hard thumber thrown chest high, hitting the ground face down. you can get a massive skip. used it to get under pine trees when i couldn't go over/around).

one basket low (on the ground) and one basket high (10'ish). the high basket ofcourse would need an open bottem to retrieve disc and a failsafe pulley to drop it in case you get stuck in/on the basket.

actual basket set up. lots of stuff to do here. you could make baskets with unique chains (like HUGE links for a ships anchor). the combinations are limitless.

you could even have a basket set in the middle of a maze of polls that.

You could even do a windmill. You have a two second window to get the disc through a three-four foot opening.

Mashnut is correct, visit the Grange Tiki course for ideas. It starts with #1 where you tee from inside the clubhouse and shoot to a motorized spinning basket, if you happen to hit Mr. Tiki you are denied.

cd27e007_m.jpg

Instead of a funnel, use a big old parabolic satellite dish behind the basket. Locate the basket at the place the reflector would have been (the focus).

A funnel will bounce the disc back out the front.

I'm glad to see this idea is so well received. I've played the Grange Tiki course a few times and never seen #1 spinning. Perhaps that is new.

I've always thought the Tiki course (and I apologize to those who don't know it) is the best thing a private course can add. I'm working with a course in NH to replace their crappy baskets and use the old ones on a course akin to the Tiki complete with rope lights and the like.

All I know is I want in on building this course once this thread is complete. I bet that if a private place with a good course or two put in a crazy short course like this that it would end up being just as popular as the "real" courses.

Here's what I would like to see:
1) A limbo hole which is baskically a very low bar with a mando under it so you have to do a two finger roller. Then there would have to be a jump as well into the basket.

2) Metal fairway or very long table. Maybe an airhockey-style slot to get it in the basket. The point is to slide the disc like it was on a frozen pond.

3) What if you threw basically into a box/fennel and then your disc came out one of three tubes? This would'd be on a real short course and you'd want 6-10' of drop afterwards. Of cuorse there would be the good tube which would be a metal slide that takes your disc down towards the basket another one that drops to an ok lie and the third would drop you into an ob area or a 3-sided box you'd have to figure out how to throw out of.

4) Well those got increasingly nutty so I'll stop there. When are we starting construction?

I like this idea as either a stand alone mini disc course or as a full size course on a property that has a "proper" course already.

I'm glad to see this idea is so well received. I've played the Grange Tiki course a few times and never seen #1 spinning. Perhaps that is new.

I've always thought the Tiki course (and I apologize to those who don't know it) is the best thing a private course can add. I'm working with a course in NH to replace their crappy baskets and use the old ones on a course akin to the Tiki complete with rope lights and the like.

All I know is I want in on building this course once this thread is complete. I bet that if a private place with a good course or two put in a crazy short course like this that it would end up being just as popular as the "real" courses.

Here's what I would like to see:
1) A limbo hole which is baskically a very low bar with a mando under it so you have to do a two finger roller. Then there would have to be a jump as well into the basket.

2) Metal fairway or very long table. Maybe an airhockey-style slot to get it in the basket. The point is to slide the disc like it was on a frozen pond.

3) What if you threw basically into a box/fennel and then your disc came out one of three tubes? This would'd be on a real short course and you'd want 6-10' of drop afterwards. Of cuorse there would be the good tube which would be a metal slide that takes your disc down towards the basket another one that drops to an ok lie and the third would drop you into an ob area or a 3-sided box you'd have to figure out how to throw out of.

4) Well those got increasingly nutty so I'll stop there. When are we starting construction?

If it's been more than a year or so since you've played the Tiki course come back and take another look. Mike's gone mad, MAD I tell you! One shot I'd like to see is an intentional bank shot. Put up a piece of plywood (maybe with a formica finish) near pin high and angled such that if you hit it the disc caroms toward the pin. Miss the board and you sail into no man's land.

I like this idea as either a stand alone mini disc course or as a full size course on a property that has a "proper" course already.

Agreed - it would be awesome to play something like this, even a few holes worth, after a regular round, but it might be tough to pull off as a stand alone.

This seems like an awesome idea. You could always use that basket someone else posted a while back that was in a watering hole or something. So if you missed your put you get the Penalty.

You could put a 10-15' high chainlink fence right in front of the tee pad to force an overhand shot.

Do something like that but with a small gap below it (with a horizontal mando) to force a roller. Or fill a small pond underneath with water and force a skip shot off the water.

Make a mandatory beer at every hole and see who can complete the most holes.

You could put a 10-15' high chainlink fence right in front of the tee pad to force an overhand shot.

Do something like that but with a small gap below it (with a horizontal mando) to force a roller. Or fill a small pond underneath with water and force a skip shot off the water.

Make a mandatory beer at every hole and see who can complete the most holes.

Mando Beers is an awesome idea.:hfive:

Latest posts