• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas on how to get birdies

For what it's worth, I like Firebirds for rollers and overhand shots. There's a good chance I would use my 'birds to conquer both of those holes based on the photos you posted. I'm not sure if that's a disc you have, but it might be a consideration. Is there a prize for getting into the club or just bragging rights?

I really like the idea of a tomahawk or thumber on pic one. At 300 feet it is an Enforcer for me. Used to be a Nuke OS.

Pic 2 is pretty much what you know you have to do. Throw the hyzer long enough and get it to skip. With 400 feet of power try something long and overstable.

Dj I have both teebrirds and a star fb too. I like the idea of the fb on that one because while its still stable, the slower speed may allow some more turn. There was talk at one time of a tourney for the ones who got into the club but as of now I really don't know. I just want in because I'm so close. Haha. Trojan there is actually one guy we play with that throws tomahawk at the hole In pic one, I just don't have the arm to get it up and over the big cedars at the first gap. They're pretty tall

Any idea what the least amount of rounds it took any one person to get it? Do they keep track of stuff like that?

Yeah. One of the local "pros" (not sponsored) I think got it in 4 or 5 rounds. I love watching him play though because he's shot a -16 in one round before.

My advice for the first hole is throw a Truth off the teepad, hard. It will go straight, and stay level through the tunnel, and will fade right under the basket.

The second one, a roller, or just a well placed drive. Either way it could be a difficult putt. Work on your longer putts. I got a basket about 2 weeks ago, and it has made a huge difference in my putting ratio.

I use it every day.

i can't see where the pins are. i would probably throw a flippy roc or a polecat down the gut on 4, count on the glide to get it where it's going.

on the other i'd probably throw something higher to let it fade out more around the corner or take the big hyzer route since it's not a long hole.

But seriously:

For the first hole I would throw a gentle anny out to the left with a fresh Roc and let it fade back.

The second hole looks like a big hyzer with some kind of stable driver.

The first hole I need help on is hole 4. The hole is 250-300 ish feet and flat. It has a lower ceiling with trees lining left side of fairway and two trees about 50 ft off the pad. The problem is the tee pad is angled to the right side and I always turn the drive to the right and either hit the tree or flip the disc up too much (pic1)

Hole 17 is the other birdie I need. I've seen rollers reach the basket but there's really only 2 routes. A massive hyzer that plays like its much longer than it is or a low (5 or less ft off the ground) shot straight to the left side of trees with a disc that will skip.(pic2)

Any ideas on how to park these holes are greatly appreciated.
Tbm

From someone who knows that course well (I've played over 200 rounds at Peaks View) and has about the same amount of distance as you do, here are my thoughts:

Hole 4 is indeed a good roller hole. Mess around with your mid-ranges trying to roll it until you get a good feel for what disc will give you the best finish (without rolling too far down the hill to the left of the basket).

What I usually do on this hole is a straight forehand (Right-handed). If you have that shot in your skill set, I'd do that one rather than the roller.

More food for thought on hole 4: leaving your drive shot of the basket allows for easier putting because of the low-hanging limbs behind the basket. Don't give it too much power.

For hole 17, you've got a bunch of tough options. What I throw is a hyzer with a stable disc that bends around the trees in the middle, toward (but not over) the road, and then in front of that big tree in the nature area. that gives the disc the chance to skip toward the basket as well.

When I didn't have as much power, I would throw a hyzer-flip straight up the gap. It requires more accuracy but less power.

I wouldn't suggest a roller since the basket is so far left, and since the hole is uphill in the manner that it is. It would leave you with a long putt unless you give it a ton of power and roll it into the hill right behind the basket (difficult with the uphill, but possible).

Best wishes!

Latest posts