• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idlewild to Pittsburgh...

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Really would like to know the best courses and why in this area....looking for very memorable holes moreso than an overall solid course. Any underrated courses or very fun courses as well. I got my dials set on the killer courses in the region but really dont want to miss out on anything fun or interesting in the region if I can help it...Thanks

i am debating which routes to take from Orange Crush to Idlewild and then from Idlewild to Pitt...I think between Cinncinatti and Pittsburgh I will get plenty of challenge...I need some interesting courses to look forward to on the in between miles.

when ya going? I'll be near Deer Lakes park memorial day weekend. Haven't played it yet. But Deer Lakes and the IUP courses would be on your way home from pittsburg.

Deer Lakes near Pittsburgh (PA's best) and Deis Hill in OH (best in state) about an hour west of Pittsburgh in Ohio. (#1 at Deis is about 800'). Both are 4.5 courses. You won't be disappointed in either one, I guarantee it. While near Idlewild, play Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) and Mt Airy in Cincy.

Last edited:
Got home at 3 AM....4 days...17 courses...highlights were...Orange Crush, Hocking College, Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Mt Airy, Black Course....to name a few

Did you play the whole 24 at Banklick (lincoln ridge)? How was Idlewild? Haven't played there in a couple of years 'cause of a hiatus...I miss it!

Lincoln ridge played all 24. Very fun course. My experience at idlewild was mixed has some of the best holes I've played along w some I didn't quite get. I guess I wasn't given the Kentucky Kool aid

Morain State park (40 min north of pittsburgh), Paw Paw (West Virginia), Deer Lakes, Brent Hambrick (columbus Ohio). I did a Pittsburgh to Idlewild trip last summer. All great courses. Paw Paw is my favorite course.

Latest posts