• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If the disc has obviously been lost for a long time.....

I found a Champ Beast in plain site that had a guys name but no #. I carried in the car it for at least a month because I thought it belonged to the mentally challenged kid who frequents the course and introduces himself to EVERYONE. He was so happy when I returned it. Am I a great guy because of this? No. It's just the right thing to do and the kid reminds me of myself when I was 13.

Always call. Even if you find a piece of a disc. It can be returned home and it's death can be known to it's thrower along with having one less disc in the tomb of the unkowns.

Found 19 the other day with my wetsuit and canoe, 14 were inked. Def wanted to keep the Ti Buzzz, Ibex, KC Pro Roc, Star Aviar and Champ Viking but I called every number, even looked ppl up using the white pages and Facebook. Only 1 returned so far but I expect most will go home this weekend. Right now, they're just taunting me...

I found a disc last fall with a name and number on the back and KARMA written very big on it. Called the guy and he was 2 and a half hours away. Told him to call me when he was back in the area and never heard another word. I have been using the disc since, but I figured if I ever ran into him or he called, he can have it back, or I can buy him another as I really like the disc lol.

I had a girl call me from Iowa (I live in Washington state) to tell me she found one of my most prized discs. She mailed it back to me and I in return sent her an almost brand new one of her choice. It pays to be honest.

I've also had people call me from other states regarding discs I've lost and I've just told them to keep them. Those discs weren't worth the effort.

I always call and leave a message. If it's a disc that I really want I'll leave a ransom message that says they have a week to get back to me... or else.

I always call and leave a message. If it's a disc that I really want I'll leave a ransom message that says they have a week to get back to me... or else.

Lol that is almost like the story that I heard of where someone was taking pictures of his buddy's disc that he found in various hostage "situations." As far as I'm concerned, you should not expect any form of payment for returning a disc.

Last time I was in KC, I found a guy's disc at Water Works and managed to get a hold of him before I left town the next day and he offered to buy my fiance and I a drink as thanks, but I told him he didn't need to since I figured it was my duty to at least make an effort to return the disc. I would hope that next time I lose a disc someone does the same for me (hopefully building up my DG karma).

Found 19 the other day with my wetsuit and canoe, 14 were inked. Def wanted to keep the Ti Buzzz, Ibex, KC Pro Roc, Star Aviar and Champ Viking but I called every number, even looked ppl up using the white pages and Facebook. Only 1 returned so far but I expect most will go home this weekend. Right now, they're just taunting me...

I've got a Star Aviar and Champ Viking you can have. If I ever suck it up to pay for membership and start using the MP, they're all yours.

^^^^^^ Right on. Thanks, b-mart! I will hold them another week then I can't be held responsible for my actions after that. The temptation is too great!

I found a yellow champion orc at Golden gate barely sticking out of some muddy leaf debris, it looked like it had been there quite a while, didnt have any ink at all on it so i kept it, it flew awesome for a while

Yea def good to call. I don't know why I put my number on my discs though, barely ever get calls on them and when I do it's not worth the drive so I just let people keep em. With the amount of time wasted driving out to pick up my used disc I could have bought a new one and a cheeseburger if I spent that time at work, so better to let the good samaritan keep it.

I'm going to go buy a bunch of Dx discs and write

"looking for a good time call 828-378-3529"

then leave them everywhere

Always call if theres a number.
I know people who will find a disc and if they dont know they person they just leave it, even if there is a number.

Yes i woul like mine back, I don't care how long its been gone.