• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you owned a disc golf store...

I spent longer than I'd care to admit trying to figure out just what sort of business you're in that your company is going to sell your wife.
I spent a while re-reading it as well and I stared at that REPLY button for a godo three minutes wondering if I should make a comment. "Once my company sell my wife..." I love it!

I don't speak/write in any other languages but the lack of tone in written English just kills me.

I just realized I am drooling at the thought of an indoor, warehouse type facility where you could practice indoors.

Really? I never knew they even had discs there but I usually only go there for music and magazines. I appreciate the heads up though, I would've never known until I just accidentally walk upon them there.

That is how I saw them. I was buying the new Twilight movie for my wife for Valentine's Day :gross: , and stumbled upon a rack of discs. :hfive:

Something I've noticed that seems to drive customers to a local shop I frequent is it's proximity to a lunch spot. It's in the same parking lot as a Subway, people always want to go grab lunch between rounds and they often go there because you can get food and check out discs in the same spot. Finding out where local players go for lunch/snacks/beers between rounds might be something to consider.

I don't intend to sound condescending, but I would strongly recommend that you brush up on your math/economics before you seriously consider opening a business. Edgar Allen Bro's post contained very simple, very obvious math, and it's pretty clear from your post that you're not super comfortable with basic math / economics. It'll be a vast help to you, should you decide to become a small business owner, to become much more comfortable with numbers.

I'm actually very good at math and economics thank you I was just pointing out that he was very informative and tried to make a joke. Thanks for trying to call me out though lol.:thmbdown:

Organize the store in a very clear and simple way. Manufacturers, plastics, types. Include a flight rating on the box/rack.

Being able to look up inventory for a customer quickly and accurately is a major plus too.

The best store in our town with people that actually play and know discs is a head shop / adult toy store / disc golf store. I wasn't trying to be goofy, that do quite well and I have been around for decades. They only recently started carrying discs, maybe a few years ago. They have baskets, stickers, lots of discs, bags, etc. And as a bonus, the discs I have bought from them smell like Nag Champa incense for months after purchase. :)

As far as other things to carry in a disc golf store to help make ends meet would be nice athletic clothing, good disc golfing shoes, hats, dri-fit, etc, etc. There's a great markup on clothing.

Also, having c-store type stuff would be a good money maker like gatorade, cigs, gum, etc.

Latest posts