• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were a touring pro, would you stop or keep going? COVID-19

I find it interesting that we disc golfers (and particularly disc golf pros) are in a very low risk group. In other words, if you (Holly) or other pro disc golfers become infected with COVID-19, you appear to be at extremely low risk of morbidity and mortality due to being young and fairly healthy. However, you may simultaneously at a relatively high risk of being asymptomatic but spreading the virus to family or other unsuspecting folks you contact who may be at a much higher risk. In that sense, even playing local leagues is probably a risk...

That's the key problem with the spread of this virus. It appears to have a longer period during which people can be asymptomatic than more common viral infections like colds and the flu, so people have longer to unknowingly expose others to it.

Media outlets have been telling us how the# of confirmed cases has been rising in our community/state. But given the limited number of tests available to date, you can bet there are quite a few cases that go unconfirmed, so it's really hard to get a handle on just how fast this thing spreads or just how many have actually got it.

Last edited:
. . . But given the limited number of tests available to date, you can bet there are quite a few cases that go unconfirmed, so it's really hard to get a handle on just how fast this thing spreads or just how many have actually got it.

Doubling times vary but current estimates are 5 to 6 days. So every 5 to 6 days the number of cases doubles, unless we do something to break the chain of infections.

When post-mortems are written on this debacle, lack of testing will feature prominently.

If common DGers are filthy rich and fool, then some side hustle could be profitable enough to risk possible injuries and infections. But, there is still travel and food that drains all profits from that effort.

I'd stay home. Work like it's offseason and do things that are easily done remotely, like video clinics, which is way profitable than playing for few dollars on road.

This event has high possibility to reshuffle current situation, some gets another start to try do better and some people may fall off after great season start..

The top guys should get together with Jomez and do some serious big money match ups, etc. Maybe even put it up as a live ppv. ;)

I imagine well see a lot more vlogs.

YOUTUBE CONTENT. There are enough ideas in this thread to fill a channel. This is the only way we will be able to see the Disc Golf Community.

If you want to interact with the Disc Golf Community post discussions here on DGCR - Great job Holly

Indeed. A great idea and for the last couple of years, the power of social media actually holds a decent weight. It matters, more than people realize.

I always have great ideas, get to the course, tripod, charged camera, battery packs, then I have so much fun playing, I forget to record anything or don't want the hassle of setting it up 2 or three times on each hole. The love of playing overrides the desire to record it.

It's a tough balance. I hope to follow-through more on that.

has this turned into a novelty account now?

iu

If common DGers are filthy rich and fool, then some side hustle could be profitable enough to risk possible injuries and infections. But, there is still travel and food that drains all profits from that effort.

I'd stay home. Work like it's offseason and do things that are easily done remotely, like video clinics, which is way profitable than playing for few dollars on road.

This event has high possibility to reshuffle current situation, some gets another start to try do better and some people may fall off after great season start..

They could use Patreon for videos, charging a low $5 monthly fee to watch them that is if they do not have a YouTube account as a Pro or an account with few subscribers and few views.

Last edited:
Hopefully this means bye bye North Korea.
from fb:

NK covid-19 infected count: 0
NK covid-19 infected count: 1
NK covid-19 infected count: 1

NK stays at 0 infected