• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were a touring pro, would you stop or keep going? COVID-19

from fb:

NK covid-19 infected count: 0
NK covid-19 infected count: 1
NK covid-19 infected count: 1

NK stays at 0 infected

That's because NK has a simple cure for Covid-19: "take one bullet and call me in the morning."

Maybe this is the big announcement that North Korea promised around Christmas. Thank Kim jung UN. Hopefully he didn't give it to Dennis Rodman. Long live the worm.

We have an A Tier scheduled for April 18th and 19th. The thing is, we just have NO way to predict if we will have to cancel it or not.

Ever heared of mathematics? Exponential growth?

The image is not from this context, but sums up your situation very clearly: just replace "progress trough time" with "confirmed cases in your area".

G1.jpg

I would not plan on holding any gatherings of 5+ people till everybody is immune / vaccinated / dead. So forget 2020. Cya in 2021.

edit: https://neherlab.org/covid19/?fbclid=IwAR2z9uSKuPLFIaYOLbbGoWXJWLOwcwH3RWzkuUrOkGg6sAzOfrunCew6Jjc here you can simulate the spread for your own area. Try finding ANY settings that have no more viruses around within 6 months. If you find any, share them please, cause i couldn't.

Last edited:
Ever heared of mathematics? Exponential growth?

The image is not from this context, but sums up your situation very clearly: just replace "progress trough time" with "confirmed cases in your area".

G1.jpg

I would not plan on holding any gatherings of 5+ people till everybody is immune / vaccinated / dead. So forget 2020. Cya in 2021.

edit: https://neherlab.org/covid19/?fbclid=IwAR2z9uSKuPLFIaYOLbbGoWXJWLOwcwH3RWzkuUrOkGg6sAzOfrunCew6Jjc here you can simulate the spread for your own area. Try finding ANY settings that have no more viruses around within 6 months. If you find any, share them please, cause i couldn't.

I've heard of these. Actually don't need your help with either. . As a club, there are a ton of decisions that need to be discussed and made in regards to cancelling an event.

If you have read any of my dozens of posts in the last week, you would see you are barking up the wrong tree. I have been pretty consistent and vocal about doing what is needed to prevent spreading the virus.

Keep sending the message though, it probably cannot be stressed enough. :thmbup:

I've heard of these. Actually don't need your help with either. . As a club, there are a ton of decisions that need to be discussed and made in regards to cancelling an event.

If you have read any of my dozens of posts in the last week, you would see you are barking up the wrong tree. I have been pretty consistent and vocal about doing what is needed to prevent spreading the virus.

Keep sending the message though, it probably cannot be stressed enough. :thmbup:

Sorry i didnt read much lately.

But it is clear from the models that the epidemic will get worse for at least 2 or 3 more months before we will see a stabilisation, let alone a decline in new cases.

So holding any event in a month is not gonna happen. If it is not yet forbidden by your local government, it will be in a month. Better cancel now.

the pdga isn't sanctioning any events until May (at the earliest) so why try to continue to run the event in that case?

Serious question: What's the actual reward for the risk being taken here if you do run the event anyway? Would an unsanctioned tournament be a benefit to the club running it at this point?

Not trying to dog you or your club, I'm interested to know if your group has come up with some answers to those questions. You have over 3x cases in MI as here in WI, and pretty much everything is being cancelled tournament wise.

Last edited:
Sorry i didnt read much lately.

But it is clear from the models that the epidemic will get worse for at least 2 or 3 more months before we will see a stabilisation, let alone a decline in new cases.

So holding any event in a month is not gonna happen. If it is not yet forbidden by your local government, it will be in a month. Better cancel now.

Lol....it's cancelled. We are not following PDGA guidelines though. We are offering full refunds as an option and a players pack options as well. We indeed had a very nice players pack. Collared Polo, sweet fitted hat (not the flat brimmed, trucker type), a couple premium Discraft discs. Given the circumstances we are all in, it seemed like the right thing to do. It will cost us in the short term, since all the above is bought and paid for, in addition to the club disc inventory for most of the year.

the pdga isn't sanctioning any events until May (at the earliest) so why try to continue to run the event in that case?

Serious question: What's the actual reward for the risk being taken here if you do run the event anyway? Would an unsanctioned tournament be a benefit to the club running it at this point?

Not trying to dog you or your club, I'm interested to know if your group has come up with some answers to those questions. You have over 3x cases in MI as here in WI, and pretty much everything is being cancelled tournament wise.

Yeah, the post was from over a week ago, MUCH has happened, including the PDGA decision. We had pretty much already decided to pull the plug, but giving out full refunds allowed us to let people keep signing up and take a wait and see position.

Unsanctioned would have definitely helped our club recoup some money, but it is not all about that right now, huh?

The only thought a week or so ago, was to give player the chance to play, vent, get out. We had extensive conversations and plans on how to mitigate risk. In the long run, you are right, the risk is just too high.

Discraft Factory Set To Shut Down

Just received this email and wasn't sure where to post this but if your sponsor isn't making money how long can they support the pros.

Discraft Factory set to shut down
Michigan's Governor has called an official Stay At Home order so we will be closing the factory doors earlier than expected. If you have not yet received your shipment confirmation, your order has unfortunately been put on hold until we return. UPS and USPS have halted pickups causing all unprocessed orders to be halted.

We are estimating to reopen on April 13th. We will be in touch as the situation progresses.

Please keep safe and stay healthy.

The Discraft Family

Latest posts