• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

The original Opto Sparks came out very overstable as you know. Mine were flying pretty much just like a XXX. Try one of those.

Xxx are also pretty variable in flight pattern. I have had couple of those and they were more understable then what i am looking for. Or they just had more glide making them fly straight longer.

Felons are familiar also. Lucid ones were good at first but weared quite fast.

The best thing in old spark is that it is so durable. It flies the same after couple years of beating.

Last edited:
Xxx are also pretty variable in flight pattern. I have had couple of those and they were more understable then what i am looking for. Or they just had more glide making them fly straight longer.

Felons are familiar also. Lucid ones were good at first but weared quite fast.

The best thing in old spark is that it is so durable. It flies the same after couple years of beating.

Firebird, the new flat pearly champs are crazy OS. I've heard people say the new discraft raptor is very OS but think they also vary from disc to disc.

I just picked up one of those Opto Sparks with the old stamp a couple weeks ago. You're right, they're like baby Firebirds. I've been looking for this disc for awhile. I don't think it exists anywhere else, except maybe an MVP Resistor- which I haven't ever tried. If you're worried about replacing it, you might want to just grab a couple now. There are still some out there, since it never really got popular. And if one of the things you like most that the disc works well for you for a long time, then it shouldn't take very many back-ups to keep you set for quite awhile. I've been thinking about picking up an extra one myself.

I just picked up one of those Opto Sparks with the old stamp a couple weeks ago. You're right, they're like baby Firebirds. I've been looking for this disc for awhile. I don't think it exists anywhere else, except maybe an MVP Resistor- which I haven't ever tried. If you're worried about replacing it, you might want to just grab a couple now. There are still some out there, since it never really got popular. And if one of the things you like most that the disc works well for you for a long time, then it shouldn't take very many back-ups to keep you set for quite awhile. I've been thinking about picking up an extra one myself.

That's a good point. Few of those old sparks and i should be okay for a decade. In fact I bought one second hand but it hasn't arrived yet. There is a small chance that it is not an old one but at least I didn't have to pay that much because nobody really throws those. I also bought a Pioneer to see if it's anything close to good old spark.

Revive : I picked up a GL Spark after some research and recommendations - I'll just add to what I've read here so far. It is like a speed 7 (or 8) Sexton FB with less aggressive fade. I'd say it's between a teebird and a sexton FB. Feels more like a Sexton but flies more like a speed 7 disc despite having dimensions more of a speed 8. It does seem to have low glide with that relatively flat top and bulkier rim, but I really liked it. Not board flat (I did not want the really OS ones - looking for more eagle X kinda OS)

I would rate it 7.5/4/0/2.5 - I'm trying to be specific on the flight #'s I could even see it being called 3 or 3.5 for glide as it didn't show it that much. It was what I'm looking for which is a slightly beefier teebird, or a mellow firebird. It's a speed 7 or 8 so it doesn't overlap with a firebird unless you have really beat up ones.

Solid disc, the new goldlines that I tried seem to have very small dome, mostly flat, comfy feel, chunky rim, flies a nice line. No distance disc but more good for shaping and ripping flat to have a nice fade. good overall disc.

Latest posts