• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
Approved 4-29-15

1.9 rim width = speed 9
1.1 rim depth
1.5 height = flat top
34.00 rim conf.

Been reading good things about this disc. Flatter top then most Trilogy discs. Compared to an Eagle X in flight.

This could be interesting. Is this finally the Trilogy PD/OLF/ThBird?

I'm still hoping for an OS speed 6/7 fairway driver. Got a Maul, MORE understable than a River, but the Thief is the closest thing to an OS version, if only it flew like the numbers.

That shouldn't be a surprise. There's so much overlap going on in Trilogy now.

MVP is doing it. And Innova and Discraft have been doing it for years.

Just enjoy all that plastic. :thmbup:

You don't think the stag flies like a tee bird?

Its similar, yes- but has less high speed stability. You can crank a TeeBird pretty hard and it will go dead straight, a Stag turns a little bit. If the Thief flew as advertised I would be happy, but its numbers are misleading. The rim on it feels great though.

I would say all the trilogy discs are more US then their numbers dictate, but there is some beef, felon world giant enforcer stiletto xxx harp trident, I'm excited for the spark, convict justice additions to that mix

Dimensions are similar to the Jade, just flatter. Considering how well that disc fits my hand, I am really looking forward to getting a spark in my game!

First impression throwing the Spark is that while the rim width might indicate speed 9, it seems to fly slower than most speed 9 discs. It is overstable and doesn't seem to have quite as much of the signature Swedish glide as other discs, which might be why it seems slower. Really comfortable grip for my hand, so I'm hoping the more I throw it the more I like it.

Upon further review, it is very much Firebird-ish. A friend of mine who is a Firebird fiend (I'm not and never was) gave a toss and loved the feel and the flight.

So like an XXX just a hair faster? I have always though a good flat xxx is very firebird like.