• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ill Spring Series-Pine Hills 3/9, Pontiac 4-14, Streator 4/21 all C-tiers

Dana

Double Eagle Member
www.danadiscgolf.com for info, including standings once the series starts

1 point for every person you beat in your division
5 point bonus for 1st place
3 point bonus for 2nd place
$1 per entree fee goes towards prizes/trophies for the series (money stays within divisions)
1st place trophy for all division winners
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be paid out for each division
Am's will be paid in merchandise and pros in cash
If division averages <10 players, only 1st and 2nd will be paid. If division averages <5 players, only 1st place will be paid out.
Series ties will be broken with a sudden death playoff (1st place only).
Ace pot for each event is $2 and will roll over if not hit
50/50 will be offered at each event for $3
***The above is subject to change without notice****

Event 1:
Pine Hills Experiment #5 PDGA C-tier
Saturday, March 9 in Ottawa, IL at Pine Hills Golf Course 1665 N. 2501 Rd.
Check in/Register- 830-930
All divisions offered *Must have minimum 4 to start division*
Cost: Pro-$65 Am-$50 (Included in entree fee is your cart fee, green fee, PDGA fee. Additional $1 per player will be taken out for the series (see above).
2 Rounds of 18 w/Golf Carts *Weather pending on Carts*
—–Pine Hills is mostly natural grass tees
-Online registration will be available at- www.iregisteredonline.com
-You may also call Pine Hills during business hours and register with your credit card 815-434-3985

Event 2
Swinging Bridge Open
Sunday, April 14 in Pontiac IL at Chatauqua and Play Park (Riverview DGC)
Check in/Register 815-930
Minimum of 36 holes, may have a few temporary holes.
All Divisions offered, Must have 4 to start division
Cost- All Am divisions $35, All Pro divisions $45
**Lunch will be available to order during registration/check in and will be delivered to course between rounds**
Online registration available at www.iregisteredonline.com
You may also mail your registration to: Dana Vicich 27710 West Drake Drive Channahon, IL 60410

Event 3
ill Series Finale at Marilla Park
Sunday, April 21 in Streator, IL at Marilla Park
Check in/Register 8:15-9:30
Minimum of 36 holes
Cost- All Am Divisions $35, All Pro Divisions $45
All divisions offered, must have 4 to start division
Online registration available at www.iregisteredonline.com
You may also mail your registration to: Dana Vicich 27710 West Drake Drive Channahon, IL 60410
*Working on a raffle for the series finale, if you have anything to donate, please contact me*

Working on sponsorship for the series! Charles Holz and Monster House Dyes are on board and presenting the series finale! I want to make this series top notch for all divisions. Not all added cash will be funneled into the open purse.

If you or someone you know may be interested in donating something (time, money, merch) to the event, feel free to email me vicich at g mail . com

I would recommend going to these tournaments! Dana runs great tournaments and at least for the one you get to use golf carts!! Trust me golf carts and disc golf combined is amazing!

Vibram is presenting the Series!
Monster House is presenting the finale at Marilla

how is pine hills as far as distance goes? Is it all bombs off the tee or is there some technical stuff there as well?

The long layout is long, but it rewards smart golf more than pure distance. Lots of OB if you try to bite off too much. That being said, you'll be better off if you can throw a controlled 300-350ft shot than someone struggling to break 300. Nothing technical as far as woods go, but there are enough trees to avoid considering the length of some of the holes. You definitely don't want to get caught up early.

thanks for the info^^^, i have read mostly good stuff about the events out there but i dont have a big arm and would rather not get myself into something that turns into no fun although i am playing flyboy tomorrow so distance be damned, i will have fun

It's fun for sure. Manicured grass and golf carts. Can't go wrong with that. The holes aren't boring grip it and rip it, if that's what you mean. They definitely make you think about your shots.

Not planning on having a really stretched out layout for the 3/9 event. As Roman said, its not just grip and rip and you have to think about your shots.

You can register 3 ways! Call Pine Hills 815-434-3985 www.iregisteredonline.com or send check to Pine 1665 N. 2501 Rd Ottawa, IL 61350

Announcement- The First Event, originally scheduled for this weekend is officially postponed until Saturday, March 30th. The Pine Hills management and groundskeeper have decided that with the current snow on the ground and more in the forecast followed by 40-50 degree weather that the course will be closed/unplayable. I agree with them fully and I apologize for the inconvenience. I should have done a better job with scheduling the event in the first place. Full refunds will be given, or you want you can roll it over to March 30th. Everything will be the same for the series. Please help me spread the word to anyone who was planning on coming out. I'll be contacting everyone that is pre-registered.

I will be at the club challenge in Mokena taking registrations BEFORE the round. Find me!

Pine Hills Experiment #5 General Rules- Vibram DG ILL Spring Series
OB- Parking lot, on or over road. Surrounded by water or over. Over fences. All Greens and sand traps. MANDATORIES- Hole 2, 5 (two), 6
1. 628 OB- Gravel parking lot, road, painted line.
2. 717 Mando left of 1st tree. OB- over fence, road
3. 264
4. 298 In or over creek (Cross bridge and stay left to #5)
5. 1228 "THE PAR 6" Mando left of 1st tree AND left of marked tree after dogleg. Over fence left. Only go to drop zone/s if you miss mando!
6. 330 "Stump Hole" Mando left. Go to drop zone if you miss mando. Drop zone is left of mando.
7. 390
8. 336 On over painted line left (starts at green and goes along path)
9. 258
10. 309
11. 285 (please park cart on bottom of ridge, not up near 12 tee)
12. 588 In or over creek
13. 310 tee is in front of blue shack
14. 250
15. 345
16. 315
17. 423 You must go to drop zone if you throw OB from the tee side of the creek. If you go OB from basket side, play normal OB rules. OB line goes on forever if you throw past where it is marked.
18. 306

***Subject to change slightly*****

The holes are very similar to the Ice Bowl and from IL State Doubles/Pine Hills Experiment #4.

Course is still unplayable. Will keep everyone updated.

Carts are a go for Saturday at Pine. Forecast looks to be 60 and sunny, great golf weather.

Carts are a go for Saturday at Pine. Forecast looks to be 60 and sunny, great golf weather.

.....must......resist......have responsibilities......

lol......but seriously, how could you say no to 60 degrees and golf carts?

(Ball) Golfers are pissed. First good Saturday and the course is closed for DISC GOLF!

Hope we sell out!!

Thanks to everyone that came! I know there were a few different places you could have played and I appreciate the 62 of you that came out to Pine. Hope you enjoyed the course and the golf course atmosphere. Next event is 2 wks away at Pontiac.

Congrats to Jimmy Mac for winning the Vibram FiveFingers in the Vibram CTP Challenge.

This Sunday we're back at it in Pontiac. Last year we were close to filling, max amount we can take is 90 (or 100 if I add two holes).

Got the Pine Hills sponsorship stuff in, lots of cool custom Pine DG Gear to give away via CTP and the Finale Raffle.

INT and below will play short hole 18, as well as all non pro women and ADV Sr Grands.

Latest posts