• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] I'll swallow your Sole!

thePiRaTE

Eagle Member
Tried out a Sole for a while a year ago but worked it out due to consistency issues between copies. I actually really liked a rainbow 174F I have, but was afraid I'd never have the same disc twice. FFWD a year and I'd experienced growing discontent with the pace my putting has been coming on this year so I tried practicing with a lot of old stand-by's and who came out smelling like roses? My old Sole. I couldn't believe a disc would make a noticeable difference from inside the circle. Well, it might be the only one I'll have like it, but I've committed to using it up while it lasts. Anyone else out there have any firms off this run?:

Sole.jpg

Perhaps a hair more glide than my * Aviar Driver and a hair less HSS, but similar fade.

nope, can't help ya! All I can say is pick-up a few more Soles, because mediums beat-in less quickly than firms, if they beat-in at all (putters don't beat-in much in X-Link).

You might also try softs, which are more grippy, floppy-in-hand, because they're more close to actual rubber either mediums or firms, which have more plastic in them.

I have no experience with the disc, but the thread title made my day.

Really, you have to love Bruce Campbell. :hfive:

Forgive drift. Carry-on, rubber lubbers.

What consistency issues have you noticed? All my firms, mediums, and glows feel identical to me. But I initially hated the Sole when it was released and didn't stock up until recently. Of course I then switched back to Wizards because I missed the bead and stability.

Inconsistency is the name of the game with them since they use their left over rubber from the shoe soles (or so I've been told). Numerous times I've had identical weight discs fresh off the shelf of the same mold but one is flippier than the other. That being said they hold that flight pattern much longer than any other brand, I have one ascent that I don't think will ever leave my bag. Also have a Ridge that is firm but the grippiest plastic I've ever felt, almost like fine sandpaper. Never cloud get into the Sole though, not sure why.

Sole/VP are the only two putters that fit in my hands comfortably for putting. I use the Summit/Ridge for driving.

I do like the Sole. It has good LSS, but not as good HSS, due to the bevel. Does glide nice! Kind of reminds me of an Ibex, because it glides really well.