• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

illegal putt???

erikc1971

I have developed a little of a step forward with my forward leg while putting. to alleviate this I step back about a foot from my marker so my foot doesnt cross that line. Is this a legaL putt??

Do you have a foot within 11" of the marker when releasing the disc and do you go past your line at all?

front foot is behind marker within the 11" my hand may cross the line but I'm not moving towards the basket. i kinda rock back on my rear foot and lift my forward foot and launch on the front foot that never crosses the line. the front foot is planted behind, within 11" of the marker.

Any added motion in your putting routine and stroke introduces variables that affect consistency. Simpler is always better. Interestingly, one of the best putters ever, Cam Todd, says the weight shift on a putt shouldn't go back then forward. Rather, the shift should be down and up - a squat with knees bent - ending with weight on the front leg. It's feels weird at first, but I've found this shift generates as much momentum as back/forward with less arm motion needed (removing another variable).

Spinthrift said:
Any added motion in your putting routine and stroke introduces variables that affect consistency. Simpler is always better. Interestingly, one of the best putters ever, Cam Todd, says the weight shift on a putt shouldn't go back then forward. Rather, the shift should be down and up - a squat with knees bent - ending with weight on the front leg. It's feels weird at first, but I've found this shift generates as much momentum as back/forward with less arm motion needed (removing another variable).

never thought about it this way. Cam Todd is/was a phenomenal putter. I may have to try this.

keltik said:
Spinthrift said:

never thought about it this way. Cam Todd is/was a phenomenal putter. I may have to try this.

mind_blown.gif

cubeofsoup said:
keltik said:
Spinthrift said:

mind_blown.gif

I tried it today at work and yes my mind, it was blown.

keltik said:
cubeofsoup said:
keltik said:
Spinthrift said:

I tried it today at work and yes my mind, it was blown.

I agree, I was just trying this as well, and tended to miss high at first. Definitely it gives much more power than you would expect, but it seems to make putting more easy and reliable. I like it!

cubeofsoup said:
keltik said:
Spinthrift said:

mind_blown.gif

For serious.

Latest posts