• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm Chumley, and I too am an addict.

chumley

Hailing from Oklahoma, I've been playing for about 4 months and it's pretty much all I want to do. I didn't think I would ever find a hobby I enjoy more than my motorcycles, but this may be it. I'm currently developing my BH and my FH is pretty much non-existent. My approach shots are about as good as anyone I've played with and I feel like I'm average or better at putting. My drives are accurate but SHHHHOOOORRRT. Oh, and I like biscuits & gravy and long walks on the beach.:D

Woohoo!!! We've got ourselves a Pawn Star!!! We're going mainstream!!!

seriously though, welcome to the site :)

Repeat after me:
Hello. My name is Chumley, and I'm a discaholic.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. Work hard at controlling your addiction before it controls you. Disc Golf is a gateway drug. I've been steadily getting in deeper for the past 9 years.

I started by just playing the local courses. "A great way to get outside and enjoy the local parks," I told myself. Before long, I began ranging farther around the area to play better courses. Then I found DGCR, and realized there are courses all over the place. Started travelling around the state, and then to other states. Eventually, I became a course bagger. The Forums only sucked me in deeper. I began starting new threads for HOD until finally, I graduated to fondling plastic.

Welcome to the site. Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome, Chumley. What part of OK are you from??

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

You ain't had biscuits and gravy till you come down to Jawjuh son!

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm in Mcalester. As for experimenting with this drug...I started with a 3-piece Innova set (Dx Leo, Skeeter and Aviar). I then tried Pro Roc's for mids. From there....wow, I've got about 40 discs. I'm really loving my new opto Diamond and Banger GT putters. As for mids, I discovered Buzz and Comets. The Comet is my all around favorite disc so far. I'm just now starting to outgrow my Leo's, I have five (4 DX's and a Champion) and I can make them go straight or hyzer/anhyzer but I haven't quite graduated to my Avengers and Nukes. Pawn Star Chumley? I'm 42, so I'm the original Chumley, lol. Oh yeah, I shot our local 9-hole EVEN par yesterday! Pretty stoked.

I "outgrew" my Leopards also. Then I fixed my form and love Leos again. Can never have enough. I haven't played the Krebs course since they put in real baskets. I was told the locals have the old baskets set up in the woods for a "secret" back nine. Is this still true??

Yeah, we call them "the woods". We're in the process of clearing out some of the underbrush. They are actually kind of fun, really makes you concentrate on your throw. The new nine are pretty nice. Not real long, but a couple of them are kinda tricky.

Mr. Bittle is right about Leos... never get rid of Leo. They're a wonderful mold, that have a way of working theor way back into your bag (assuming you were dumb enough to take it out). And don't "poo poo" yours just cause it's cheap, base-line, DX plastic. Some people like certain molds more in certain plastics, and lots of folks (myself included) prefer Leos in DX or Pro. They start out as nice straight throwers and beat into turnover machines that really glide a long time once they flip... Wonderful for long turnover shots where you want the disc to really hang on to that "annie" line without fighting back much.

images

Latest posts