• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm done returning discs

ok, so for the question: "is it moral to keep something that doesn't belong to you?" you would answer "yes", correct?

regarding the weed question: depends on the state and relevant laws

Once again, it depends on you. If you are homeless and have nothing, I would be inclined to say yes. If you are well off, then I would hope that you wouldn't. Once again, your situation in life and your morals determine the choices you end up making in life.

99f6891b8fa5f9b1a2762eda57de04dc.jpg

Found a picture of Hampstead doing his daily routine

Anyone drink gin and putt in the garage?

I like Gin, but prefer to putt outdoors in one of my "giant" baskets...

I do have a mini (Mini-sota by the Bogenhagens) basket, but it is old and I am afraid it may break...

I have contributed to the community of disc and public for years.

I have no problem helping build community. Lost and found is not community. It is a natural consequence of poor choices on the individual's part.

It's not bad parenting. It's instilling morals into individuals then allowing them to make choices. The fact that you assume parenting is the reason for my choice, is pretty telling about yourself. Parenting can only do so much. Individuals must be responsible for their actions. Your parents told you to lock your car door. You don't. Your car is broken into. Bad parenting? Come on...

Someone blows a tire on the road. They have a spare but need assistance getting a lug nut off. That's help, and I'm happy to provide assistance. The same person blows a tire, has no spare and no jack. That is a natural consequence that they have now imposed on themselves. Why do I need to stop on the side of the road, with high-speed traffic, to help? If I'm not in a hurry somewhere, maybe I stop. I've got a family at home, do I risk my well-being for someone else's poor choices? Personal decision.

Do give individuals who lost a disc the opportunity to reclaim what is theirs, yes. Do I need to make it as easy as possible for the person who gave up, absolutely not? That is MY choice. If you don't like my choice, don't let me find your ****.

If you want to be mad, you better start with yourself. You're the one who lost it, not me.:|

It's not about being mad. And yes you have choice. I suspect you go out of your way to help others just don't want to be told you have to do it.

Sorry, Oberon in the backyard. You guys seem to have a drinking problem.

Well that's elitist.

Us poor folks drink beer and putt in the backyard.

You have it all wrong. My point with the above post, was the drinking problem is being inside.
Pro tip, drinking is best done out of doors.

Sorry, Oberon in the backyard.

Bell's had some distribution issues with the Commonwealth of Virginia, so Oberon isn't easy to find around here anymore. Mandarin Orange Censer from Apocalypse Ale Works is a fine summertime substitution. Gin is for cocktail hour, plus Martinis Glasses tend to fall over in the yard.

I don't lose discs from errant throws as much as I just stinkin up and leave them on the course (especially tougher lies). Age thing I guess...Anyway, have had real good fortune of late having people text me, usually while I am still on the course, which reading this thread makes me think I am leading quite the charmed life. :) Maybe folks just decide they don't know what to do with a 148g Wraith...might as return it to the geezer owner.

Then 3 months ago, I lost my favorite driver in some dense shule. The fairway turned hard left but my drive didn't. I looked for 30 minutes through a decent rain. Found another disc, texted the owner, they told me where to place it on the course. But went home empty handed. Then 6 weeks later, got a text from the local disc shop down there where someone had turned my disc in. They only charged shipping to send it back. That alone will keep me from getting too jaded for quite a while.

Well that's elitist.

Us poor folks drink beer and putt in the backyard.

you have a backyard? that's bougie...

Larry Bell of Bell's (the makers of Oberon) has sponsored lots of Disc Golf in the Kalamazoo area, including being a major sponsor of the 2008 worlds held here.

i used to go to school with his daughter (or niece? i forget)
my buddy dated her for a minute and i told him he needed to seal the deal on that one. he does love beer but accurately assessed that one should "never marry a soprano"