• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm done returning discs

if someone finds my disc, I'll bring along a few of my own and offer them a choice to trade. they're usually pretty happy for their efforts.

If a disc is unmarked...its mine.

If it has contact info i reach out several times...if no response...its mine.

If i get in contact with you, YOU have to come get your disc. If you fail to do so in a month...its mine

Yep just a first name only in an 11+ KC Pro ROC, the softer ones with a little give to them but nearly as slick as a Old McPro but with give so that run of KC Pro is worth quite a bit. Since the disc was nearly bran new just with the stamp noticeably faded, I took the disc and gave it to my mom since she used Classic Grid Aviar's her main being a worn in mini bead Classic Grid Aviar from 1999 when he started playing first full year. She got that mini bead Classic Grid Aviar used from my brother who got that from a cousin that switched to 99% Discraft, was all Discraft at the time and I think is still this way with his bag of discs. This was back in 2007 when I found it and KC Pro was stiffer then stiff in the 12X at that point.

Last edited:
A few thoughts....

1) I started the disc fishing thread the other day. I posted about how I'd text people a pic of their disc and rarely got a thank you and several times got blown up with people asking if I had a chance to return the disk before I said that I would.

2) I would not want a stranger coming to my home. Period.

3) The hide the disc concept doesn't make sense to me. You know that disc that you watched land in a general area but couldn't find and may come back to try to find in the near future? I did you a solid and hid it somewhere inside the 1700 acre park.

You actually tell the person where you hid the disc.

I cannot think of anywhere on the courses where I regularly play where it wouldn't be obvious and someone else wouldn't grab it first or I would have almost no chance of finding it.

If someone finds my disc, I'll ask them to leave it in a specified spot if possible, or I'll meet them somewhere to get it....or let them keep it.

If I find someone's disc, I'll ask them where they are and do my best to get it back to them....I have taken a disc to someone's home, but it was only because they weren't far away. Mostly, I leave it somewhere on the course or they meet me somewhere.

timed out above in last post ^

I am almost tempted now to keep discs I find with just a number on them, I got a stiff pre 2006 dark red Pro D Magnet with foil red stamp stolen after loosing it at a tournament in 2008. The disc was rare at the time since nobody else made stiff Magnets. This was a Disc I used with my Blue Stiff Pro D red stamp same era Magnet from mid 2005, I had a orange modern Pro D Magnet from 2007 to use for winter mostly and some longer putts past ~25-27 feet. Anyhow the Disc was found a week later and the disc golf person on the other line wanted to get the disc to me if I lived in town, as soon as I said out of town and I will pay for shipping as disc is rare they hung up, either they did not want to pay shipping or they were going to sell the disc in a bidding that at the time before the Clutch in the stiff plastic was lowering the Stiff Magent's worth they sold for $100 on average. Now the Magnet is much less by at least $25 or more.

A few thoughts....

1) I started the disc fishing thread the other day. I posted about how I'd text people a pic of their disc and rarely got a thank you and several times got blown up with people asking if I had a chance to return the disk before I said that I would.

2) I would not want a stranger coming to my home. Period.

3) The hide the disc concept doesn't make sense to me. You know that disc that you watched land in a general area but couldn't find and may come back to try to find in the near future? I did you a solid and hid it somewhere inside the 1700 acre park.

Yeah on one course I have near me the discs would end up in the garbage due to the people or used by others. The other course they would get stolen, though all the good holes on that course might not exist much longer in that place and have 10 of the baskets out at another area, hopefully I can convince the right guy in the city along with the city to move all 18 baskets to make a tough windy and hilly area for a disc golf course, to help me with this task soon.

Last edited:
You actually tell the person where you hid the disc.
Mind blown! :clap: :p
I cannot think of anywhere on the courses where I regularly play where it wouldn't be obvious and someone else wouldn't grab it first or I would have almost no chance of finding it.

We used to hide baskets over night when using a temp course...on the course. Not as hard to do as you're making it sound.

For example, if someone puts it under a trash can, I would expect that the city employee who empties the trash would throw it away.

A whole number of things could happen, you could crash getting off the exit to his house when returning the disc.

I used to do this method, but then people never come to pick them up lol.
The discs I returned were in the $75-$150 range. Didn't really wanna leave those out on the course.

The disc owners had no worries about leaving an expensive disc on the course. Why should you? You've done a good deed by contacting people. Tell them where you're leaving their plastic. If they really care, they'll make the effort to retrieve it.

A whole number of things could happen, you could crash getting off the exit to his house when returning the disc.

It just doesn't seem to be a thing people do much locally. When someone says they did that on the local lost and found group (obviously not sharing the location), either people warn against doing that or the disc owner later says that they never got it back.

On my course we have steel 55 gallon drums for trash and leave them underneath those. Another option would be under a pile of leaves near a landmark like a tee sign, and send a photo. It's not hard if you use a little creativity.

It just doesn't seem to be a thing people do much locally. When someone says they did that on the local lost and found group (obviously not sharing the location), either people warn against doing that or the disc owner later says that they never got it back.

Take a picture of where the disc is and text it to the number on the disc with a description of location. No group needed.

I found one Friday. Texted the number, they lived 2 hours away in a direction I never go. They never make it my way. He realized he sold the disc to PIA, told me to trade it. I will keep in my trunk and give the newbies trying to expand their bag.

I have had incidences where we've played tag trying to meet up and never connected - clearly not that important. Also had ones where we meet up (on like a DX Shark from a starter kit).

I'm happy to do my part if the owner puts some effort in.

if someone finds my disc, I'll bring along a few of my own and offer them a choice to trade. they're usually pretty happy for their efforts.
Agreed. I've got a whole tub of stuff I don't throw anymore and there's plenty of good stuff in there. I've even gone as high as 4/1 to reward someone for getting one of my all time favorite discs back to me. I tend to believe that being grateful and generous increases my odds of getting a disc that I really care about back.

Mind blown! :clap: :p

We used to hide baskets over night when using a temp course...on the course. Not as hard to do as you're making it sound.

That is harder then you think unless you have some big 60 gallon or larger black thick contractors bags over them and taped to the base to look like decommissioned/need fixing trash holders.

Latest posts