• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm done.

I hear ya. You gotta do what you gotta do. I got an absessed tooth on Easter. 2 hours in the ER instead of Easter breakfast with my son and his family. We were visiting them in NJ. They gave me a script for Percs. I took them for the first couple days and dumped the last 1/2 dozen down the toilet. I have enough bad habits.

Good luck in the recovery just the same.

Drumroll please....

Rotator cuff tendonitis/impingement

Got a fat daddy cortisone shot, if not better in 2 weeks then PT, if not better in 4 then MRI.

That's actually good news considering all the other possibilities. I had rotator cuff impingement in my off shoulder last year. The cortisone didn't do anything, but 8 weeks of PT and it was all good, plus it made my shoulders look SOLID.

Well its still all guessing until an MRI but hopefully it will start feeling better.

I think I might call and ask for drugs...arm is hurting pretty bad and from what I read from others that had pain after the shot it will be nearly unbearable tomorrow...yippee. Hopefully not.

Just called in a request for drugs...arm is hurting like an SOB. Apparently some people get mad pain from cortisone...apparently I am one of those folks.

Just called in a request for drugs...arm is hurting like an SOB. Apparently some people get mad pain from cortisone...apparently I am one of those folks.

Don't get too dependent on the happy pills. That **** is just a more potent form of street heroin, more or less.

PT is the real deal. I still do my exercies on and off, just because they help strengthen my shoulder. I went from "geez, I'm pretty sure I need surgery" type pain to "wow, my shoulder hasn't felt this good since 2006 (date of the original injury)" in less than 6 weeks.

Plus, I came back throwing way farther due to the added arm strength.

Oh, and simpletwist's idea for pain relief is what got me through as well.

My doctor refused to start with the cortizone shot. He told me it would make it feel better, even if there was a tear, giving me a false sense of being healed. Which, could lead to making the injury even worse.

David

Apparently I have a case of the "cortisone flare"...effin hurts man. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Yeah, I try and avoid the cortisone shots unless it's a last resort. Try getting one in your head. Lots of downtime with ice and heat followed by some PT.

Shoot some heroin into your urethra. That will help.

Last edited:
I had rotator cuff surgery in 2005 and 2006 and was told I have arthritis in my AC (top) shoulder joint since the surgeries.

The more recent problem started after shoveling f* snow this past Feb. I did PT in March but the pain now is closer to the shoulder blade. I went to the shoulder doc on this Monday, he thinks the rotator cuff is fine but arthiritis exists since "soft tissue" is where it hurts. I have a MRI scheduled for this Friday. Weather seems to affect the pain a lot but today is sunny and it hurts like hell. How can arthritis hurt this much?

I have a prescription for Lidicaine patches, this provides great relief. I cut them in half or quarters since they are expensive. A generic pain pill called Tramadol is good too, not as strong or dependent as Oxyi or Perc's.

My wife got some patches that have diclofenac in them which were great for her...she is stingy with her meds though...haha.

A generic pain pill called Tramadol is good too, not as strong or dependent as Oxyi or Perc's.

Beware of Tramadol. Its not as strong as most other opiods, but more toxic, so overdose and seizures are more common. Physical dependency withdrawal to Tramadol can be as bad or worse than the more potent opiods. It is a long acting opiod so the withdrawal lasts longer, it also messes with serotonin which controls with sleep and memory. Sudden cessation or cold turkey is not recommended.