• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] In between MF gator and g* roc3?

Ender175

Eagle Member
Like the title says, looking for a disc to fill this gap. The g* roc3 definitely isn't a 3 fade, and the gator is more like a 4. I need a mid for anny flex shots when I'm trying to release high to get over obstacles. The roc3 holds the anny too long and the hard plastic bead of the gator hurts the side of my hand when I try to put a little extra on a flick.

It needs to be a soft plastic, otherwise I would get a champ roc3.
Candidates so far:
Star cro
S-line md3
Discraft OS mid- wasp or hornet, don't know which is more in the middle
Trilogy- is there an OS mid in elasto/frost?

Legacy Ghost in Gravity. It's a roc in really nice plastic. I particularly like that the Ghost does not have a plus rim. Starts more HSS and LSS than G* Roc3s, but nothing like a gator. I was looking for exactly what you describe when I found the Ghost.

DD verdict. Ive only thrown the biofuzion but it was a nice step up in stability from a roc without being a meat hook.

if your only gripe with the gator is the bead you could try a HyzerBomb Mortar, its the beadless gator mold

Keep it in the family with a Star Rancho Roc. The stability should definitely sit right there between your G* Roc3 and Gator, and the feel in the hand will be very similar to your Roc3.

The correct answer is a Hyzer Bomb Frontline Mortar. It's made by Millenium with the Beadless Gator mold. It's also basically G-Star.

G* beadless gator sounds money. Does being beadless give it a little more glide?

Don't care for Z plastic, its like less grippy pre-jolly launcher champion

Not super attached to the roc rim shape. It's serviceable but not really a bonus feature or anything.

Don't know anything about legacy or who even makes a sentinel, I'll go read up on those before I make a purchase.

Sentinel is made by millennium, which is made by innova.

... Not super attached to the roc rim shape. It's serviceable but not really a bonus feature or anything....

That's how I've always felt about Rocs too. Like the flight. Don't really like the feel of the rim. And then they started coming out with slanted rims.... I kept throwing them anyways because I just sort of thought you were supposed to. But then I tried a Bard and never looked back. Similar flight to a beefy Star Rancho but with a rim feel that works out great. Once I tried the Bard it was pretty much curtains for the Roc for me. At least in the stable slot. A beat in Dx or very well beat in KC is a different story. I'll still probably always keep a few of those around just because.

Discmania s-gm gremlin It may be a bit like a gator but its lower profile, less over stable and faster then a gator.

a ch. Shark would also be a good choice.