• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In my bag..work in progress

sqorbit

Here's what I'm carrying now. It's definitely a work in progress as I get more distance to my throws.

Drivers
Champion Groove 174
Star Road Runner 175
Star Teebird - 165 (I think, the marking is hard to read and I forget the exact weight)
DX Leopard 150

Mids
DX Shark 150
Star Mako 166
DX Wolf 165
Champ Roc+ 164

Putt/Approach
Star Aviar 170
DX Aviar 152

For the most part I'm using my Groove off the tee,Teebird or Mako for longer shots, Roc+ for mid shots, The Star Aviar for long approach and the DX Avair for shorter putts. The Leopard and Wolf I use for when I'm sure I'm bouncing something off a tree.

For starters, you could use a overstable driver, I would reccomend a Firebird in a heavy weight. Also with your mids, unless one of them is very beat you are missing an understable mid.

The Wolf is an understable mid. The Teebird may be an over stable driver depending the run and on his power. Some of the 12x champ Teebirds came out with firebird stability. That bag seems pretty solid.

Just a question: I see all your mids are under 170g. Have you tried +170g mids? Not knowing anything about your form and style to play, it's hard to say if you should or should not go with heavier mids. Just crossed my mind, because I know a couple of good players who throw 150 class drivers, but prefer their mids as heavy as possible.

There may be some benefit to having consistent weights on your midranges. For me consistent weights help in getting a consistent release, but others don't seem to mind throwing different weights. Whether you prefer max weight or not is a separate decision - personally I like midranges around 165, but I throw lighter weights in general compared with most folks.

And, um, if you like Grooves I happen to have two un-thrown on my trade thread. Shoot me a PM if interested - I will offer a nice discount!

Groove Echo Star 173 green 10/10
Groove Champion 170 fluorescent yellow-green X-out 10/10

Monocacy" Groove Echo Star 173 green 10/10 Groove Champion 170 fluorescent yellow-green X-out 10/10[/quote said:
They made Echo Star Grooves!?!? Not that I want one; just, why?

limonsock said:
They made Echo Star Grooves!?!? Not that I want one; just, why?

Dunno - curiosity plus a little extra plastic? :roll: