• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In Paul We Trust

Did you just use the proposed @paul_mcbeth handle? Cause spoiler alert, Tilde Paul isn't Paul McBeth.

Hmm... Paul McBeth does strike me as the bamboo bicycle riding kinda dude. Maybe these guys are on to something...

This is just further evidence that the disc golf community is an easy troll target (whether intentional or not).

Whenever someone says something off-color about the sport, whether it's a TV show (Happy Endings) or a no-name blogger deep in the bowels of the internet, say something bad and the hate mail comes rolling in.

Want to get your blog noticed? Insult disc golf and get Holly to post it.

Read both articles and this guys is generalizing on a fairly epic scale.

Kind of like I would be if I said he comes of like a pompous hipster having read only two of his articles. He could be a delight for all I know, I don't know him or his writing.

But he doesn't know this sport either, and to hate something just because you've made no effort to understand it causes plenty of problems.

The only thing that I don't get is that he's holding on to is the old tired stereotypes of what disc golf is. Do I see people smoking on the course? Yes. But mainly what I see are people like myself who are obsessive in their pursuits and will go to great lengths to learn a shot, play certain courses and find that perfectly flat pearly Firebird in whatever used bin, or garage sale they can.

That's why you see so many DGers caught up on specific microbrews. It's the pursuit to make the things you enjoy in life the best they can be.

In other lives we could have been explorers, or collectors of fine wines, entomologists even. But for now on what for most is a limited budget both in time and money we try to find that perfect disc to throw on the right line for BRP #4, and the best way to not get a 5 on Flip City 6A.

I love the majority of our community. And if he doesn't get it that's fine.

This is just further evidence that the disc golf community is an easy troll target (whether intentional or not).

Whenever someone says something off-color about the sport, whether it's a TV show (Happy Endings) or a no-name blogger deep in the bowels of the internet, say something bad and the hate mail comes rolling in.

Want to get your blog noticed? Insult disc golf and get Holly to post it.

I agree with almost all of this except the Happy Endings issue.

That was totally uncalled for because they actually reached out to the PDGA, requested props to use in the show and then used it to make fun of us.

I'd like to think that Tilde Paul is a secret identity for TildeMan, making the world a more nasally place... or at least something similar.

Latest posts