• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

in search of a fading driver

You could easily go the other route and learn to throw a forehand. That way you wouldn't need as many discs. An overstable disc goes left backhand and right forehand.

when you say turnign from hyzer to flat, it can be from flat to anhyzer too? or is tha tmore likely OAT? This is the sort of thing that i can get from my comet and surge, but i definatly dont throw fairway drivers 400ft!
Also how quick is quick, when it flips are should it be a bit like a switch. im interested to know as occasionally i do put OAT on and turn my champ teebird, but its a slow turn over, i think!
I'm referencing the last paragraph of this article:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/bentelbow2.shtml

The whole article is based around increasing "snap." Keep in mind that some things in that article aren't 100% correct, but most of the big ideas and methods to gain snap are all valid.

It's sort of independent of OAT. People with big snap use OAT to get disc to turn, too. If you draw a line representing the flight path of the disc and the transitions have rounded courners, it's speed dominated, if it looks like straight lines connected at hard angles, it's snap dominated. In other words, it's pretty sudden. Really it's more of an indicator of lots of snap rather than a goal to shoot for. Other things, like slower disc going much farther than they had before, will happen as well. I've only had it happen a couple of times, normally when practicing in a field. I'll get out to pick up my discs and find a mid or putter sitting with my drivers or a fariway driver 30' past all my other discs.

yeah man if forehand is hurting you more than backhand you might need to rethink your technique. Not that Im an expert at all, I just know that forehand takes very little effort to get almost the same distance as a backhand throw.

i've been getting a Dicraft Z Glide to turn over perfectly. Throw it fast and flat, the heavier the more gradual the fade. I can get my 175 ZG to 'S' nicely most of the time lately. My 172 will continue to fade, but not turn over hard enough to roll.

fading disc

Man ive been ripping a esp comet and hangin it to the right for a good 300ft. try a lil hyzer to just about none and give it a tug! Its a straight flyer but u put a lil extra on it and watch it fade all the way to the right. might lay down flat depending on how much u put on it. i love it!! otherwise try a 165 monarch champ and hammer on it youll see that thing turn over awesome!! thats my go to driver!! i carry 2 diff wieghts depending on how much fade i want. Good luck

Are we talking about fadeing right or left? If you want to fade left, I would suggest either a Banshee or a SOLF ( Sirius Orion Left Fade)

If you want a good right turning disc, I would say a beat Stingray or a Stratus. I personally use a beat Avenger SS.

Are we talking about fadeing right or left? If you want to fade left, I would suggest either a Banshee or a SOLF ( Sirius Orion Left Fade)

I didn't think anyone else threw the SOLF...Man do I love that disc!!!!! I throw a 165g, when I release it rhbh throwing with some anny, it will flip over slightly...straighten up, and fly for a while, and then at the end of the flight, cut HARD left...predictably. Gives you a type of S curve flight, with good predictable distance. Also fights the wind fairly well being "stable". Every time I pull it out in a tourney and make a great shot with it I get asked what that was and hardly anyone has heard of it.....kinda like my "secret weapon"...:cool:

I actually won mine at my first tournament during the ring of fire. It has a really cool custom Texas stamp on it.

I won mine as well.....didn't see that it was the fade disc, thought it was the straight version when I picked it up. When I first threw it I was disappointed that it turned so fast. So after LOOKING at the stamp, I realized it was overstable. So, after playing around with it in a field, I found that it made an excellent "s" turn driver!

I won mine as well.....didn't see that it was the fade disc, thought it was the straight version when I picked it up. When I first threw it I was disappointed that it turned so fast. So after LOOKING at the stamp, I realized it was overstable. So, after playing around with it in a field, I found that it made an excellent "s" turn driver!

That is does.

Latest posts