• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

36 at Harmon Hills,
only kept score on the front 9 and shot a -4, which is pretty good considering I'm super rusty as that ulti lid round was the last round I've played.
2x D1
Destroyer
F1
F3
Furr buurd
Trident
Comet
MX-3
2x PA4
Breaker
Stego
2x PA3

27 at Seneca, mostly from reds, shot an 86, with I think 5 OBs haha
2x D1
* Starfire
Trident
Firebird
F1
F3
roller F2
M2
Comet
3x PA4
Breaker
3x PA3
Stego

27 at Seneca, mostly from reds, shot an 86, with I think 5 OBs haha

Hey, I was out at Seneca with the dog yesterday. Course was set up pretty long, so "five over" ain't bad. ;)

Looks like you carry a decent number of overstable discs. Do you find that you use them much at a course like Seneca, or are they more for aerobic benefit? :D

Seneca is playing real long right now... for better or worse.

Can confirm hole 13 he got unlucky with two OBs. Threw 3 shots total to take a 5 :wall:

Hey, I was out at Seneca with the dog yesterday. Course was set up pretty long, so "five over" ain't bad. ;)

Looks like you carry a decent number of overstable discs. Do you find that you use them much at a course like Seneca, or are they more for aerobic benefit? :D

Well two of my D1s are actually very flippy, and the F1 is also pretty straight. I am comfortable playing FH or BH for most shots so I can cheat by throwing overstable on the majority of holes I feel like.

Generally I don't throw enough drivers in general to be comfortable shaping a lot of fun lines with them, so if I need a specific shape I'll throw a fairway.

Two rounds at the Rice bowl, pretty rusty.
What I actually threw (I think)
2 Destros
3 D1s
Starfire
Trident
2 F1s
F3
F2 (roller flippy)
Comet
MX3
M2
2x PA4
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3

Then a round on Monday at Giles L2L, that course is playing the easiest it ever had, I shot a +5 and that was with two shots I would never have attempted in a serious round that went OB, and a three putt and like 5 c1x misses
1 Destroyer
1 D1
Predator
Firebird
Trident
2 F1
F3
Comet
MX3
M2
3 PA4
Breaker
Stego
3 PA3

I'm gonna begin hiking the AT on April 15th, so I have been spending most of my free time prepping for that. If anyone is next to the trail and wants to play or hike, send me a PM or drop a comment.
In the bag:
Lot of stuff to live and hike
1 129g supersonic.

I'm gonna begin hiking the AT on April 15th, so I have been spending most of my free time prepping for that. If anyone is next to the trail and wants to play or hike, send me a PM or drop a comment.
In the bag:
Lot of stuff to live and hike
1 129g supersonic.

I get the vast majority of my practice with a 129 Supersonic.

Good luck with the AT! Could probably make a heckuva 2,000 mile long object course . . . ;)

Otherwise I'm about 20 minutes from Harper's Ferry if you need a disc golf fix in MD.

First round since returning from my AT Odyssey. Took longer than expected as I stress fractured a metatarsal after 240 miles, took 7 weeks off, flipped up 740 miles, then did that section southbound after Katahdin. Then went to grandmother's funeral afterwards, and now I have COVID...
Anyway, tons of shots at Spilman
3 PA3
Stego
Breaker
3 PA4
2 Comet
2 M2
F1
Trident

Round at Rockland Shorts in like 20* weather. I'm definitely rusty, shot a 64, which is a little under 900 rated I think. Overall unspectacular round but I did somehow park 18 for an easy 2 lol. Putting was also shockingly solid.
Things I threw
Flippy D1
750 F1
400 F3
Moonshine Trident
400 MX-3
ESP Comet x2
750 PA4
350 PA4
SP Breaker
Stego
3x PA3

45! Holes at Clarke's Run. That course looks different than last time I was there - I hadn't seen the new tee nor basket for 4, and hadn't seen the long pin for 6. Shot a 65 playing 4 short and 66 playing 4 long. Did 6 short both times. My friend gave me a couple FX-2's so I'm trying them out as my firebird + 10 spd control driver. I like the flight but man they hurt to throw sometimes.

3x PA3 (big putt so what)
Stego
Breaker
3x PA4
M2
2x Comet
roller F2
F3
2x F1
Trident in-out
2x Fx-2
3x D1

Discmas this past weekend so played Brantwood, Iron Hill Golds, and Lum pond, and none of them particularly well. 9 person Mob golf on Iron Hill golds was pretty hilarious.
Threw some (bag varied wildly)
D1s
Forces
Destroyers
Gateway Ninja, Dismas gift to me was one of the original illegal ones, the rim is so wide it's so uncomfortable to throw.
FX-2
Trident
F1
F3
F2
MX-3
M2
2x Comet
3x PA4
Breaker
Stego
PA3

I shot an 84 at Iron Hill, picking up the majority of my strokes on the front nine and shooting +1 on the back (Birdies on 10 and 15)
Then shot a +5 at Lums pond which was just hilariously poor golf.

9 person mob golf on Iron Hill Gold left you daylight enough to do something else?

You still dwelling in bucolic Marshall VA?

Nah we did one round a day and took advantage of the holiday weekend. Finished Iron Hill 'round dusk.

Still in the middle of nowhere, contemplating moving this year, maybe to Richmond or Asheville.

27 holes at Jenkins Mountain.
4 Destroyers
1 D1
2 FX-2
Trident
F1
F3
MX-3
Comet
2 PA4
Breaker
3 PA3
Stego
Shot either even or +1 through 18 and then played the front 9 again and played much better.
Been liking the FX-2 and getting used to the sharpness, reminds me of a good predator flight on backhand but with the ability to be used forehand (I can't forehand preds because of the microbead).
Changed my grip some recently to mirror Avery Jenkins thumb press and it's done wonders to keep the disc nose down, been driving decently far recently.

two ish rounds at Spilman
round 1, for some reason I decided it would be fun to shoot a video about a lid shoot out since the Glitch is getting so much airplay in the disc golf world. I did Glitch vs DX Polecat vs Supersonic only (except c1 putting). I have a ton of editing to do.

Then I did an actual round while tired from the video with normal discs
D1
Trident
F1
Gazelle
Comet
3x PA4
A5
PA3

Gazelle is always fun to throw and actually crazy long for it's speed rating. A5 is threatening to kick Breakers out of my bag even though they've been there forever.

Warmup at Rockland before the season starts at Loriella tomorrow bright and early. I shot I think a 53? Nabbed 6, 8, 10, 12, 17 and bogey'd 13 and 15. I might have missed a number here or there but overall pretty decent.

Flippy D1
FX-2
Trident
F1
F3
Gazelle
MX-3
Comet
M2
3x PA4
A5
stego
3x PA3

Loriella Challenge today. Shot pretty well, came in second by one stroke after a hard-charging second round.
Wind was definitely a factor, but my putting overall was pretty solid. Even ones I missed went in a few times haha.
2x Destroyer (My stable one actually turned over in a headwind so this will be 3 next weekend)
2x D1
2x FX-2 (400 one is quickly becoming a straight disc so I slid a second one in)
Trident
F1
2x F3
F2
Gazelle
MX-3
M2
Comet
3x PA-4 (one of these was flying like magic today)
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Latest posts