• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag of a T-Rex armed 25 year old.

cHildebrandt

Bogey Member
Hey peeps.

Figured I'd do an in the bag thread for the 2020 and beyond seasons.

Little about me;
Experience: 9 Months
Nickname; Sexy Rexy
25 Years Old
Left Hand, Forehand Dominant - Though quickly learning and perfecting backhand (been told the mechanics of my backhand is perfect, just need to work on the quick twitch/explosiveness)
Currently 801 Rated.

Distance Avg/Furthest
Putter: 200/225
Mid: 250/280
Fairway: 270/310
Driver: 300/350

If there is something I struggle with its consistency, but I will be doing a TON of field work come spring (I live in Northern Alberta, there's knee deep snow out here.... It sucks)

So! Let's begin!

Putters;

2 Prodigy 300 Soft Pa2's - Love the feel, love the flight, my putting from 25+ feet has improved since acquiring these bad boys.

1 Prodigy 750 Pa2 - For the drives! I love the glide and straight flight I get from it. It's reliable for me until 220 feet, which I have to throw about 75% to reach without turning it over.

Upshot Discs;

2 Innova Star Rat's - These things are GNARLY for upshots. I have a stockpile but only bag two at a time. I only forehand them, I can't describe how throwing them makes me feel. Confident, and my aim is +/- 5 feet within 180' of the target. 10 feet outside that range.

1 Discraft Z Line Zone - I use the Zone for backhands and forehands, unlike the Rats. Mainly for drives anything 240 or less that need that overstability.

Midranges; I like to throw Mids, I have quite a few.

1 Discraft ESP Buzzz - Understable mid, not much else to say.

2 Dynamic Discs Emac Truths - 1 Lucid, 1 Prime Burst. Lucid is dependable for Hyzer flips and straight finishes, Prime Burst replaced my Mako 3's and is the straightest disc in my bag (other than the Pa2's)

2 Discraft Z Line Wasp's - my OS Mid, forehand, backhand, yes, no, send it discs. Love them for the dependable fade and good glide.

1 Discraft Proto Malta - Don't throw it much honestly, I know it's not as OS as everyone wants to think, but it has saved my arse from jail a couple times so it stays.

Fairway Drivers; I carry 3.

1 Prodigy 400 F7 - ROLLLLEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS

1 Prodigy 750 F5 - Nice medium distance Hyzer Flips. Don't throw it a hole lot, but keep it in the bag for other courses I play occasionally (5 in the area)

1 Prodigy 400 F3 - by far the most under rated disc on the Market IMO. Flip to flat, gliiiiiiiiiide, a nice forward finishing fade. One of my favourite discs to put a rip on.

Drivers;

1 Discraft ESP Heat - Definite Pop Top, Big Anny's.. haven't tried a roller yet with it because I'm comfortable with the F7 as a roller.

3 Discraft Undertakers - 1 Esp, 1 Titanic (lol) and 1 Z Line. I haven't thrown them yet, but looking forward to. I've thrown a friend's seasoned Z line and really liked the shaping I could achieve with it, so definitely excited to get them out there.

1 Discraft Z Line First Run Raptor - My OS work horse. It's my meathook for windy days, or anything I need to put on a spike hyzer.

1 Latitude 64 Opto Musket - Comfortable driver, I mostly throw it in a tailwind. I find it has a nice forward finish to it and I can get some of my max distances with it.

3 Discraft Anax - 1 Proto, 2 First Run. The Proto is very similar to a brand new Musket with a touch more glide, it's well seasoned. The 2 first runs are very straight flyers with a half forward half dumpy fade.

So, that's in my bag. The only addition I may make is a very OS 10 Speed for headwind drives, but we shall see come spring time.

Stay warm (if you're like me and live in coldashellistan) and give me some feedback!

Colin!

Update #1

I've decided to make an adjustment to the bag.

I've taken a Malta out, and replaced it with a max weight ESP Buzzz. I also replaced the F5 with an ESP Avenger SS, next I replaced the ESP Heat with a Z Force for a good wind fighter.

Also reverted back to putting with Classic Blend Judges. I missed the bead, and they glide so much nicer than the Pa2's at putting speeds.

So now as it stands;

2 Classic Blend Judges - Putting
1 750 Pa2 - Driving Putter
2 Star Rats - Forehand Upshots
1 Z Line Zone - Overstable Putter Drives
2 ESP Buzzz's- Straight and Understable midrange shots
2 Emac Truth's - Straight Forehand with Prime Burst, Flip to Flat Backhanded/Forehands with Lucid.
2 Z Line Wasp's - Dependable fade
1 Prototype Malta - Get Out of Jail
1 400 F7 - Rollers
1 400 F3 - Hyzer Flip fairway shots.
3 Undertakers - Same as before
1 Raptor - Same
1 ESP Avenger SS - Replaced the Heat, more comfortable in the hands
1 Opto Musket - Same
3 Anax' - Same
1 Z Line Force - Headwind fighter

Ohhhhhhh how things have changed over winter.

The bag as it sits now, after a bunch of changes.

2 Mega Soft Swan 1 Reborn (Thinking I'm going to grab a couple BT Medium for summer)

2 Prodigy A2's - 400 plastic, 300 plastic

1 Prodigy Pa2 - 400 Plastic

2 ESP Buzzz - 168g for Turnovers, 177+ for Straighter shots

3 EMac Truth - max weight Prime, 175g Fuzion, 173g Lucid. Going from least stable to most stable

1 Lucid Verdict - 173g

1 Proto Malta - 173-174g

1 400 Plastic F7 - 175g - Rollers

3 400 Plastic F3's - 173g - Different stages of seasoning.

2 Opto Explorer (Ricky stamp, Domey) - 169g & 175g

1 Gold Line Burst Pioneer - 173g

2 Avenger SS - 5x Esp for big Sky Anhyzers, Z Line for flip up lines in the woods.

3 Anax - 1 Proto, 1 ESP FR, 1 Blended FR

1 Prodigy 500 Fx-2 - New addition and loving it so far.

New bag, new putters.

Upgraded to a Dynamic Discs Ranger bag, intend on buying a Zuca Cart in the near future and will fit just right.

Picked up a couple Prototype Fierce putters aswell, loving the hand feel and straightness.

Also stuck my Blizzard Champ and Star Wraiths back in the bag, took the Buzzes out.

Thinking I've finally got a solid bag for the year. No shot is a question whether or not I need this disc or that disc.

New bag, new putters.

Upgraded to a Dynamic Discs Ranger bag, intend on buying a Zuca Cart in the near future and will fit just right.

Picked up a couple Prototype Fierce putters aswell, loving the hand feel and straightness.

Also stuck my Blizzard Champ and Star Wraiths back in the bag, took the Buzzes out.

Thinking I've finally got a solid bag for the year. No shot is a question whether or not I need this disc or that disc.

Well what does the Truth do that the Buzz dose not? They are very similar discs.

Well what does the Truth do that the Buzz dose not? They are very similar discs.

My Buzzzes would have a fairly straight finish, but I have come to the conclusion that my EMac Truth's are slowly coming into Buzzz territory as far as flights.

My Prime Emac is dead straight if I throw it flat. If I throw it with Hyzer it will flip up and hold flat. Anhyzers it will just hold the entire way.

The Fuzion Emac is working perfectly for nice smooth Hyzer flips and turnovers.

The Lucid is just... What you expect out of an Emac Truth. Flip up, glide, fade a touch

I'm sure I will experiment with throwing both molds a bit still, but for now the Emacs cover everything except my beefier shots

My Buzzzes would have a fairly straight finish, but I have come to the conclusion that my EMac Truth's are slowly coming into Buzzz territory as far as flights.

My Prime Emac is dead straight if I throw it flat. If I throw it with Hyzer it will flip up and hold flat. Anhyzers it will just hold the entire way.

The Fuzion Emac is working perfectly for nice smooth Hyzer flips and turnovers.

The Lucid is just... What you expect out of an Emac Truth. Flip up, glide, fade a touch

I'm sure I will experiment with throwing both molds a bit still, but for now the Emacs cover everything except my beefier shots

Okay thanks.

I use a Champion Shark 3 which in my mind is a better flying OS Buzz as the OS Buzz is almost a faster Drone. Shark 3 is Vary similar to a Buzz in shape, just the problem right now is more discs are going F2 then into full production run on the Shark 3.

Okay thanks.

I use a Champion Shark 3 which in my mind is a better flying OS Buzz as the OS Buzz is almost a faster Drone. Shark 3 is Vary similar to a Buzz in shape, just the problem right now is more discs are going F2 then into full production run on the Shark 3.

Nothing wrong with F2 discs. I know a guy who only bags F2 discs, and there's nothing wrong with his game.

Nothing wrong with F2 discs. I know a guy who only bags F2 discs, and there's nothing wrong with his game.

No but having more F2 discs then not from Innova makes be fear the Shark 3 is molding up something bad to the point a new mold Lion is going to be made to eventually replace the Shark 3 mold.

Last edited:

Latest posts