• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag with the "Champ"

~5:58 Climo says that Pro Firebird is "every bit as stable as anything out right now." Does he mean "neutral?" Would you argue with the Champ?

He also talks about his "stable" Wraiths and he doesn't mean straight or neutral. He means overstable and uses the words interchangeably later in the video. There's no ambiguity. You've got to be a fool to not understand what he's talking about.

I just thought that was kind of funny, with all the back and forth about stable meaning straight how using stable to mean overstable was totally wrong. Straight from the Champ's mouth. Don't you think that guy knows what he's talking about?

Everybody knows when you say something is "stable" you don't mean like a Comet, you mean overstable. Some people just want to argue just to argue.

I don't disagree with you, but I have also heard many stories of pros trading for the old molds to stockpile while on tour. It was one of the things Feldberg mentioned as a positive for moving to Lat's team...not having to hunt for what he needed.

McBeth's proof that pros can throw a large majority of stock discs and not miss a beat.

Ugh, I was WAY into the older is better for a long time. Then I lost my main disc, that was WAY too important to me. Once i took some time off, and got into some of the newer discs, i sold all my old stuff and just buy the new stuff stock. So much cheaper, I don't care if i lose a disc, since i know i can get another easily. Which makes me not lose as many too. Having the confidence to throw ANY disc at any time is a great feeling. (not by skill, but like not wanting to lose my 11x teebird over the water, so throw a disc i have less confidence in, just to save the teebird)

~5:58 Climo says that Pro Firebird is "every bit as stable as anything out right now." Does he mean "neutral?" Would you argue with the Champ?

He also talks about his "stable" Wraiths and he doesn't mean straight or neutral. He means overstable and uses the words interchangeably later in the video. There's no ambiguity. You've got to be a fool to not understand what he's talking about.

I just thought that was kind of funny, with all the back and forth about stable meaning straight how using stable to mean overstable was totally wrong. Straight from the Champ's mouth. Don't you think that guy knows what he's talking about?

Everybody knows when you say something is "stable" you don't mean like a Comet, you mean overstable. Some people just want to argue just to argue.

Please don't bring that discussion back to life here.

Take that stupid joke of an argument to the Landfill where it belongs.

Ugh, I was WAY into the older is better for a long time. Then I lost my main disc, that was WAY too important to me. Once i took some time off, and got into some of the newer discs, i sold all my old stuff and just buy the new stuff stock. So much cheaper, I don't care if i lose a disc, since i know i can get another easily. Which makes me not lose as many too. Having the confidence to throw ANY disc at any time is a great feeling. (not by skill, but like not wanting to lose my 11x teebird over the water, so throw a disc i have less confidence in, just to save the teebird)

I've been gravitating to the same argument. I have stacks of old plastic I collected for backup purposes that are collecting dust.

The problem is that I'm getting some of my new discs to the point where they're just as trusty. It's hard to throw a disc you've been seasoning for two years and trust to do what you want over water. :eek:

I had a few 10x Aviar's. One got stolen, and the other cracked. I would've had to sell a testy to replace them. 12x's are a decent replacement and so much cheaper.

Take that stupid joke of an argument to the Landfill where it belongs.

Joke of an arguement? It's straight from the Champ's mouth brah, can't argue with that. Well, I guess you could. But at the end of the day you are still the internet DG nerd and Climo is still The Champ... And you're still wrong, and it's showing.

Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

Joke of an arguement? It's straight from the Champ's mouth brah, can't argue with that. Well, I guess you could. But at the end of the day you are still the internet DG nerd and Climo is still The Champ... And you're still wrong, and it's showing.

:clap:

Look brah, that thread was a joke, one that apparently was over your head. It was taken way too seriously and wound up in the landfill where it belonged. Move along.

Look brah, that thread was a joke, one that apparently was over your head. It was taken way too seriously and wound up in the landfill where it belonged. Move along.

So now that it's obvious that your self-proclaimed bulletproof arguement was invalid, the whole thread is suddenly a joke? Funny indeed.

Actually, I admitted all along it was a joke. I even shared laughs about it with BogeyNoMore who is the person with whom I was initially arguing. Sorry you were don't get the joke. Like I said earlier, take this trash talk out of this thread and into the landfill where it belongs.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised by a few of the discs he carries like the Sonic, Katana & Tern (I knew he threw Terns but I still think its weird).

if you were surprised then you don't know much about the Champs game. Of course he loves flippy plastic, think of the era of disc golf he grew up and dominated in.

I wonder how Innova feels about having pros do in the bags, and they all have old and specialty run plastic. Hey, throw Innova. Just don't throw what's on the shelf. McBeth's about the only one who seems to be throwing stock plastic, and I don't think he only throws stock stuff.

With KC its not surprising he has all old stuff. how many stacks do you think he collected in the 90s? The Jenkins too, with their dad its not surprising they have a bunch of old stuff.

anyone else notice that the basket in the background is jacked up a little. look at the tray.

With KC its not surprising he has all old stuff. how many stacks do you think he collected in the 90s? The Jenkins too, with their dad its not surprising they have a bunch of old stuff.

I can only imagine what kind of old (and free - to them) plastic they're sitting on after all those years being sponsored. Crump did a giveaway video series with Innova pros where they gave away a bag of new discs that matched what they threw. They did Champ's at his house, and he had stacks of plastic in his garage. Pretty awesome.

I can only imagine what kind of old (and free - to them) plastic they're sitting on after all those years being sponsored. Crump did a giveaway video series with Innova pros where they gave away a bag of new discs that matched what they threw. They did Champ's at his house, and he had stacks of plastic in his garage. Pretty awesome.

and in that video i think i remember he says he has a separate secret stash.
http://blip.tv/clash-productions/bag-giveaway-05-ken-4970866
couldn't find it on youtube for some reason.

if you were surprised then you don't know much about the Champs game. Of course he loves flippy plastic, think of the era of disc golf he grew up and dominated in.

Can't say I've ever played world of warcraft but I think its awesome Avery's dad is named Leroy Jenkins.