• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag with the "Champ"

Candy Pro Firebirds = Best disc ever!!!!

huh????? is right

:clap: That was my WoW era. Good times, although I'm glad I'm no longer an MMO addict. Now my kid plays Animal Jam :\

I was kind of amazed how much alike the forums for games like that, and this one are. The same hardcore vs. casual issues here.

Anyways: Great Video. I like hearing The Champ talk about Discs, you just get a feel feel for how natural the game is for him, having done all these shots a million times at such a high level.

The best part of the video is Barsbys straight-on impression at the beggining. Sounds just like him!

But seriously, I really liked this video. Its a lot longer and more descriptive than most Pros in the bag videos and I love that...especially coming from the Champ. Its also a great argument for mold minimalism. With the exception of the Sonic and Condor, its mostly multiples of the same discs. I just wished I had enough playing time to season all my discs to perfection...siiiiiiiggghhh

The best part of the video is Barsbys straight-on impression at the beggining. Sounds just like him!

But seriously, I really liked this video. Its a lot longer and more descriptive than most Pros in the bag videos and I love that...especially coming from the Champ. Its also a great argument for mold minimalism. With the exception of the Sonic and Condor, its mostly multiples of the same discs. I just wished I had enough playing time to season all my discs to perfection...siiiiiiiggghhh

I agree. Mold minimalism is great, just takes some time to season in the discs. I'll probably drop 2-3 molds once some of my stuff starts getting seasoned in.

if you were surprised then you don't know much about the Champs game. Of course he loves flippy plastic, think of the era of disc golf he grew up and dominated in.
I understand that the Champ likes flippy discs, I'm just surprised the he likes the Tern mostly. I remember reading about what was in his bag on his website a few years ago & he was using a lot of older tried & true molds. So now when I see him with a disc like the Tern I'm surprised after he's been playing for how may years now that he would switch out molds after having the same molds in his bag for many years. Also it's cool to see him trying new Innova stuff. I've heard a lot of people complain about most of the newer Innova molds but obviously they can't all be bad b/c Climo is liking a couple of them.
But seriously, I really liked this video. Its a lot longer and more descriptive than most Pros in the bag videos and I love that...especially coming from the Champ.
My thoughts exactly. I like how he go more detailed on the discs purposes than most pros in the bag vids

I like seeing some different discs in the bag, but its kinda odd that this video was filmed in March (per thespintv) and its just being posted now. He said he was trying out the Tern, I wonder if its still in his bag. Condor and Sonic sales will be going up this week and I'm sure that more people will be practicing their rollers.

I like seeing some different discs in the bag, but its kinda odd that this video was filmed in March (per thespintv) and its just being posted now. He said he was trying out the Tern, I wonder if its still in his bag. Condor and Sonic sales will be going up this week and I'm sure that more people will be practicing their rollers.

Well the Climo Tour Series Terns came out not that long ago, so I would assume he still throws them. I haven't seen any recent tourney footage though, so who knows? But I bought a Sonic for my dad last Christmas when I heard the Champ threw them, so you're definetly right about Climo's influence on disc sales!

Note to self, by Sonic to fix in my Condor, win 13 championships.

i love the sonic.. have one in the bag at all times :) .. same color too.. didnt realize kenny threw them tho .. i know schweby did or does.. i had heard a rumor of some star sonics out there but i have never seen any proof :\

I can't believe the lidlike putter renaissance that's happening. I am shedding a tear of joy right now.

Polecat's better

I have thrown a Sonic for about 3 or 4 years and have been picked on for it but it is great for upshots! I have seen GG and Schweberger use them but had not idea Climo did. I think GG made an incredible putt sidearm on #7 on the bamboo hole at Winthrop a few years ago with a Sonic. Familiar with molds = consistency.

Attachments

• 2010 USDGC 733 gg web.jpg
    2010 USDGC 733 gg web.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 56
I love when he says his beefy Destroyer is almost too much disc for him.

Avery said the same thing in his video. He says the new star Destroyers are so overstable that he's still trying to get used to them and uses them for utility. The newer run really is crazy overstable.