• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the market for a new bag...Silverback or?

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Looking for a new bag.

Currently using a Fade Crunch. It's not bad but it's starting to tear at some weak points. Padding on the shoulder strap is completely worn out and it falls over about 95% of the time I set it down, which gets old.

I'm looking for something that holds a similar amount of discs, maybe 5 more, but will not tip over, has much more cargo space for non-disc items and preferably 2 water bottle holders. I plan to buy a set of quads to use as well.

I'd also like something more rugged than the Crunch. Would like to get a minimum of 5 years out of this purchase.

Currently looking at the Gorilla Boy Silverback, it seems perfect except for the 6 week production wait time. I can deal with that if I don't find a better option, but that's over a month during Ohio's best DG weather so meh.

I went from a Crunch to a Silverback and never looked back. Lots of storage, bomber durability, comfortable back, and lots of little features make this bag the best of it's class. The only thing I would like more is a $260 Golf Mahal.

i hear the voodoo bags are good, silverback would be great(was thinking about getting one myself) but the wait time is impossible to predict right now for gorilla-boy

Pick up a used Silverback in the marketplace, or better yet, just bite the bullet and get one with the updated features. It'll be 100% worth the wait, regardless of how long it takes. :thmbup:

I've done the wait twice, although the first time wasn't nearly as bad as it is currently.

For the Silverback, I'd hazard a guess and say no; or, rather that he might have the pieces cut and in stock but not assembled, and with umpteen billion orders to do before yours.

If you wanted a definitive answer, I'd check in the GB thread where Chris gives such info on a regular basis.

Spike Hyzer has a cool bag for around $100 but you'll have to run down Chuck Connelly for info. It's a like a hybrid b/w a Revo Carolina and a Phenix Core. Looks tough as nails, not as many features as a Silverback due to a more spartan design but I kind of value simplicity.

yeah thanks again man im loving the bag, those mahals do look just plain sick tho.. well worth the $?

Yeah definitely! It helped my back a lot. I've played in about 4 tournaments since I got it and many rounds at my local course. I carry around 16 discs most of the time. Plenty of room for gear and a life time warranty to top it off. Well worth it imo.

i ordered a simian and silverback on 04/10. it's now 06/16 and still waiting. long wait.

i don't play much, i have a small bag to hold me over, i'm annoyed but okay with the wait, which is why i decided to make the order with chris

you're in a different situation. you play a crap ton of rounds and are in need of a bag now. maybe if you posted WANTED in the marketplace, you may get lucky and land a slightly used one. i've seen quite a few really great quality GB bags sell there! a few times i've kinda wished i had done that, but in the end i'll be even more excited with my brand new bags.

Latest posts