• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indiana Summer series

mmyersdisc

Double Eagle Member
Below is an attached Excel spreadsheet for the Indiana Summer Series, this is a replica of the flyer I got today at our tournament downstate I went to...I believe all the events are PDGA sanctioned I DO NOT know prices sorry! you can call mike mavrick or whoever on the list for more details..aw hell..anyone know how to attach a excelt document? (I can't upload it and I have honestly never uploaded a file other then a picture....embarrasing for a computer major to not be able to figure it out >.<)

Series Events
Date Event Divisions City Course TD TD Contact
9-May Old Ben Classic Pro/Am Kokomo Highland Park Terry Camden 765-868-0095
17-May Iron Horse Open Pro/Am Logansport France Park Tom Woods 765-563-0990
7-Jun Michiana Open Pro/Am Mishawaka Wilson Park Mark Hazlep 574-993-5290
13-Jun Circus City Open Am Peru HoneyBear Hollow Mike Mavrick 765-985-3187
14-Jun Circus City Open Pro Peru Mississinewa Mike Mavrick 765-985-3187
27-Jun Checkered Flag Open Am Indianapolis Brookside Jerry Suiter 317-257-3924
28-Jun Checkered Flag Open Pro Indianapolis Brookside Jerry Suiter 317-257-3925
19-Jul Three Rivers Open Pro/Am Ft Wayne Shoaff Park Steve Kremer 260-403-5663
9-Aug IN State Championship Pro/Am Cedar Lake Lemon Lake Brian Cummings 219-836-8240
22-Aug Pieradise Open Am Peru Pieradise Allen Pier 765-473-5728
23-Aug Pieradise Open Pro Peru Pieradise Allen Pier 765-473-5729

Points System: Each competitor automatically receives 3 points for each event in which they participate. Points are also awarded based upont he final results for each division whereby 1 point is earned for each competitor you beat or tie within your division. (Notes; Points are awarded on a divisional basis. Points earned in the Intermediate division do not transfer to the Advanced division)

Overall Payout: $3 per person is collected at each event. This will be applied towards the overall payout. The top points earners of each division will be eligible for overall series payout. Series payout will be awarded to that top 1/3 of each division based upon series average field size. Plaques will be presented to the overall champion for each division. Any given division must be held in at least 4 of the 8 events in order to qualify for the overall payout.

This series does trophies up real nice, I lived in Indy last year & played a couple. Good tourney value for your buck for sure. Hoping to drive down from MI for a couple if possible.

I wish I could play in all of the tournies. Pretty much all of them but Lemon Lake are within 1.5 hours of where I live. However, I work most Saturdays and we have a baby on the way and my wife probably won't let me play very many. I might try to do a few, but who knows.

I wish I could play in all of the tournies. Pretty much all of them but Lemon Lake are within 1.5 hours of where I live. However, I work most Saturdays and we have a baby on the way and my wife probably won't let me play very many. I might try to do a few, but who knows.

tell the wife its baby research;)

Why dosen't this go more south into Indiana? In Florida they have the Florida Tour http://www.fabflatour.org/consisting of about 15-20 events per year for a points based system. I understand the differences in weather in Florida than Indiana, but you could start in March in southern Indiana, and end in late Oct or early Nov in Southern Indiana. Places like Terre Haute, Evansville, English, Patoka, ect there are all kinds of great courses in southern Indiana, and it would probably draw more competition further north if it was a points based series. It would not be uncommon for a people to drive 5-6hrs for the points based events if we knew they were going to be at our tournament in a couple of months.

Yeah, I don't know why we don't go more south, Indy is as far south as we go and I think its mainly becuase the TD's associate with the local clubs of those cities to get this event organized. I for one, am helping with the TD at my local course (george wilson). I just picked this flyer up at the tourny I played in on sunday and I knew somewhat about it but didn't know the schedule they had set up. It starts next weekend in kokomo (never played that course) so we will see how it goes! My college graduation is supposed to be that day...but I don't think im going to go considering you don't HAVE to walk to get your degree LOL...

Dude, I wish I could hit all these up, but no license at the moment. I'm gonna try and hitch a ride to some of these; I'll let ya know if I'm bound.

I'll post here if I am going to make it to any.

The Kokomo course was ok. I did really well when I played it. It wasn't very long or even technical for that matter.

How many of these tournies do you think you are going to play mmyers?

honestly, I am going to try and play every one of them! I have a cousin that lives in indy..so im gonna see if I can crash and her place so I dont have to drive back everytime!...anyways, ill be in kokomo this weekend as long as I don't NEED to walk a my graduation (that is if I pass all my classes...oops) I know of a few guys from my mini's that will be there as well!

I'm jealous! Hopefully I'll get to meet you at one of these events. What division are you going to play in?

considering majority of the courses (except my home course Wilson) I do not know and have never played..I will be playing novice...Wilson I can shoot 6 under pro par but I tend to shoot like crap first round (learning the course) then 2nd round I come back with under par...but yeah..lol

7-Jun Michiana Open Pro/Am Mishawaka Wilson Park Mark Hazlep 574-993-5290

Sorry this is not called the Michiana open anymore, It's called the Power Of Soul....mark corrected me, I appologize for the mis-information

considering majority of the courses (except my home course Wilson) I do not know and have never played..I will be playing novice...Wilson I can shoot 6 under pro par but I tend to shoot like crap first round (learning the course) then 2nd round I come back with under par...but yeah..lol

If you're shooting 6 under at Wilson, I really think you would be dipping LOW to play novice at any course just because you haven't played there. 6 under at Wilson says to me your game is good enough to be playing at least the mid to highest AM division.

Don't be 'that guy', who wipes the rec/novice division unfairly. :)

If you're shooting 6 under at Wilson, I really think you would be dipping LOW to play novice at any course just because you haven't played there. 6 under at Wilson says to me your game is good enough to be playing at least the mid to highest AM division.

Don't be 'that guy', who wipes the rec/novice division unfairly. :)

lol it will be my first sanctioned event..yeah i might be bagging...but Ill be more comfortable becuase I tend to blow my first round (learning the course) and then redeem myself the second round but by then its to late...like this past weekend at pieradise first round I shot 10 over..2nd I shot 1 under

May 9th Old Ben Classic---pro/open-$70 entry fee am/novice-$35 entry fee...players meeting is at 9:30 am and there will be a players pack (at least thats what the TD told me..) hope to see you guys there!!

It's on the first page of this thread on the schedule mmyersdisc listed-Highland Park in Kokomo, yo.:D

its also a C-tier event! I will be there as long as my wrist heals...I think I strained it parking a hole at rum village I can still forarm but that isn't as good of a game for distance...we will see

OK, I'm trying to get a ride to Kokomo. I've never played the course, but always heard it was a good one. We'll see what happens.

Latest posts