• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Dynasty

Moonshine

Double Eagle Member
New plastic from Infinite Discs, Facebook says it's a CD2:

Production
Manufacturer / Distributor: Infinite Discs
Approved Date: Jan 31, 2022
Certification Number: 22-18

Specifications
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.4cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.3cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 31.25
Flexibility: 11.93kg

height seems different (1.4 vs 1.9)

but I've got plenty of flat CD2s that aren't 1.9cm high
and could just be that the CD2 was approved in C line (which do seem to mould taller) vs the "star" for the Dynasty

otherwise this does seem very close

Eric Oakley pretty much confirmed on Facebook that it is the CD2 release that he had mentioned in the past, the height difference just means that they sent a flat one to the PDGA

100% anhyzer top
I'd always heard valk bottom but looking at them I'm 80% it's a sidewinder bottom.

I heard in the FB groups it's the SW bottom, and that makes sense to me. It felt really similar and I was throwing a great PFN Champ SW at the same time as the CD2.

All I know is someone needs to alert @Throwbot about this recent development. Or, I mean, I guess I could...He'll find it. :D

Does anybody experienced with discmania molds know exactly how the unique beak shape of the anhyzer top affects the flight of the disc? Like how would the sidewinder bottom + anhyzer top differ from sidewinder bottom + sidewinder top?

Ah....weird. Well I'm hoping these new CD2s will satisfy my quest for a disc that I can rip hard and get a -2/1 flight and keep it for a long time after beat in. Sidewinders start out great but tend to get squirrelly after a while.

Does anybody experienced with discmania molds know exactly how the unique beak shape of the anhyzer top affects the flight of the disc? Like how would the sidewinder bottom + anhyzer top differ from sidewinder bottom + sidewinder top?
I think the CD2 bottom was the same as the Savant (which is basically the Thunderbird-L). Approval dates for Thunderbird/Savant/CD2 were within a month or two so likely sharing some mold pieces.

Assume the anhyzer top will make for a lower profile/dome and a more stable nose-down high speed flight. Lower high speed turn and similar low speed fade.

It's not consistent…cd2 is beefier than sidewinder but firebird is beefier than pd.
Thunderbird/OLF also share the same lower rim as the PD and FB. PD is usually more OS and slightly faster than Thunderbird & OLF comparing the same plastic blends.

Ah....weird. Well I'm hoping these new CD2s will satisfy my quest for a disc that I can rip hard and get a -2/1 flight and keep it for a long time after beat in. Sidewinders start out great but tend to get squirrelly after a while.
Really depends on the profile and plastic blends. I could see a flatter I-Blend Dynasty starting a couple ticks down in stability from the CD2 numbers (9/5/-1/2). Stiff and domey Concrete or Swirly S-Blend Dynasty could be a bit overstable.

Valkyrie/Orion LS could also get you the flight you want with a different feel in the hand than the CD2/Dynasty.

I don't know if the cd2 truly is the SW bottom wing with the anhyzer top, but I'd buy that over any other guess. Both have a flat bottom wing, valkyrie bottom wing isn't flat.

Depending on plastic and weight I don't know if you'd see a lot of turn out of a fresh cd2 right away. Most of the ones I've owned were straight to fade initially and then gradually started picking up some turn and losing some fade as they seasoned.

Great discs, but for sure one of those that needs a bit of time to become what it was designed to be.

The one that Eric Oakley was throwing seemed to have quite a bit of turn to it. It flipped up from hyzer and drifted quite a way before eventually fading softly. Maybe the 'first run' will be a good run.

Last edited:
The one that Eric Oakley was throwing seemed to have quite a bit of turn to it. It flipped up from hyzer and drifted quite a way before eventually fading softly. Maybe the 'first run' will be a good run.

The dude also jammed on Felons for years so I imagine him blasting a CD2 might make it look a little flippier than the average Joe.

Latest posts